The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Does Solent still have a bad reputation?

After applying for two courses at the same uni (so dumb I know)
I’ve seen that people think Solent is a boring (and sh*t) university. But now I’m gutted after seeing that because my interview went really went and they gave me an offer, but now I’m not sure what to do? I obviously don’t want to waste my time and money at a bad uni.

Is the university boring? Is the nightlife non existent? Are the people there rude and ‘road’

I know I shouldn’t be too focused on the nightlife and the fun aspect of university, but I must admit that I am looking forward to getting the ‘uni experience’
Hello @Hmm23,

Great news that your interview went so well and you've already had an offer. :king1:

I've found Solent to be a great university and there is a lot to offer for everyone. Southampton is a fairly large City with plenty of pubs, bars, nightclubs and various activities for students to get involved in. I have found this thread outlining a few places available in Southampton. The answers are a little dated, but it gives an idea of places that are popular and is a good baseline for research.

In terms of the University itself, Solent is friendly and energetic, I would certainly not describe it as boring. It is a shame due to the pandemic that you are unable to visit the campus for yourself at the moment as that would be my best advice to get a real feel for the culture, but Southampton as a city has a lot to offer and this is reflected in the students that choose to study on Solent's City Campus.

Are there any direct concerns you have regarding studying at Solent that I can address (e.g accommodation, your course choice, etc)? Please let me know if there is anymore I can do to help ease your anxieties.

Thank you,

Izzy :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending