The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

MSc Physician Associate at Anglia Ruskin University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
For anyone waiting to hear back from ARU I'd recommend checking your applicant portal as I've just seen that I've got an offer but I didn't get an email or anything (yet)!!!!

Congratulations 🥳 glad we starting to hear good news! Wish us good luck next week! Any tips 😜 happy for you😌
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
That’s great !! Is it your first choice

Yes it is one of my first choices- I'm still waiting to hear back from others but ARU is close to where I live so I think I may end up going for it :smile:
Congratulations 🥳 glad we starting to hear good news! Wish us good luck next week! Any tips 😜 happy for you😌

Thank you !!!! Good luck to you and everyone with their interview next week you'll smash it!! The interviewers are very friendly so try not to stress or overthink too much!! The questions aren't too complex either. You got this!!
Hi,
Does anyone know how many places aru have for this years cohort? My interview is in June so I'm a bit worried!
Original post by Annie.ken
Hi,
Does anyone know how many places aru have for this years cohort? My interview is in June so I'm a bit worried!

I remember when I asked them during the virtual open day in February they said their intake per year is 45 students but not sure if that changed now !!
I remember when I asked them during the virtual open day in February they said their intake per year is 45 students but not sure if that changed now !!

Thanks for replying!
So many people's already got offers, I don't think that I even stand a chance for June!
I really don’t know how their process is but it seems to be flawed.

They’ve spread out these interviews so far apart and have been giving people offers already knowing their spaces are limited.

They’ve put me on their reserve list saying this the only reason that we are unable to make you an offer is due to the severe restriction on the number of places we can offer.”

But what if my interview went better than someone in May or June or someone in June went better than someone in may or March it’s really not a fair chance in my opinion

It would have been more reasonable if it was all done around the same time and a decision was made after
People who had their interview on Wednesday, how did you find it?? So nervous about mine next week! Only practiced questions about me and why am interested in PA! Is that enough! Of course about uni and the role itself too! I mean do we need to explore ethical questions too or are they only for MMI interviews!
People who had their interview on Wednesday, how did you find it?? So nervous about mine next week! Only practiced questions about me and why am interested in PA! Is that enough! Of course about uni and the role itself too! I mean do we need to explore ethical questions too or are they only for MMI interviews!

I had mine in March, You’ll be fine completely fine, I promise I one of the questions are complex all designed to see how you are as a person any motivation, I hope it goes well for you and you get an offer xx
how soon did you guys get the zoom link before your interview? Mine is tomorrow later on the day and still have not received it!
Just had my interview,
They were very nice a personable. asked questions about what do I think the role is, why am I suited (standard questions). and just one scenario question.
Genuinely good luck to anyone who has an interview, im sure you'll smash it :smile:
I had mine today too! Don’t think I did well!! Was very nervous 😩 maybe the fact that ARU was my only option made me very nervous! Those who had offers, How long did it take to hear back?
I had mine today too! Don’t think I did well!! Was very nervous 😩 maybe the fact that ARU was my only option made me very nervous! Those who had offers, How long did it take to hear back?

Aww what makes you think you didn't do well? :frown: Don't worry too much :smile: Good luck, I hope you get offered a place :smile:
Original post by MajesticMidna
Aww what makes you think you didn't do well? :frown: Don't worry too much :smile: Good luck, I hope you get offered a place :smile:

I was pretty confident at the beginning but then the guy made nervous! Don’t really know why but the way the questions presented to me I felt were unclear or may be my brain went dead 🙄 probably the second one 🤭🤭 i believe I didn’t answer the two most important questions right! How long before you heard back?
I was pretty confident at the beginning but then the guy made nervous! Don’t really know why but the way the questions presented to me I felt were unclear or may be my brain went dead 🙄 probably the second one 🤭🤭 i believe I didn’t answer the two most important questions right! How long before you heard back?

Aww I'm sure you have done well :smile: as long as you gave an answer to all the questions that's good! I've yet to have my ARU interview, mine isn't until the 26/05. I do hold an offer at another university though so I'm a lot less stressed about ARU now :smile:.
Reply 75
Hello, I just want to ask those people who take medical science or biomedical science degree course did you get a NHS funding and/or learning support fund on top of your other student finance package, like what Student nurses can get per year? Thank you very much apologise if this question is not for this thread.
Original post by KGB2020
Hello, I just want to ask those people who take medical science or biomedical science degree course did you get a NHS funding and/or learning support fund on top of your other student finance package, like what Student nurses can get per year? Thank you very much apologise if this question is not for this thread.

Hi, no you have to pay, there is no NHS funding unfortunately
Reply 77
Hi, no you have to pay, there is no NHS funding unfortunately

Thank you for your response, appreciate it.
Original post by KGB2020
Thank you for your response, appreciate it.

also, do check with the university, they might have some scholarships or bursaries available
Has anyone heard back? I been put on the waiting list 🤪🤪🤪 which means no chance! I give up! Good luck everyone 😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending