The Student Room Group

Honours or ordinary degree for police?

Hiya

So I’m currently a 3rd year student living in Scotland studying a criminology degree. After I graduate my goal is to join the police. Right now I have the choice of leaving 3rd year with a ordinary degree or stay until 4th year for honours.

I honestly dnt know what to do. Should I get the ordinary degree or the honours.

Apparently having ordinary is not worth it and stuff.

I really want to leave now and not stay until 4th year but after reading stuff saying having a ordinary degree is not worth it. I’m now little hesitant.

Pls advice me

Cheers guys
Original post by Lego5744
Hiya

So I’m currently a 3rd year student living in Scotland studying a criminology degree. After I graduate my goal is to join the police. Right now I have the choice of leaving 3rd year with a ordinary degree or stay until 4th year for honours.

I honestly dnt know what to do. Should I get the ordinary degree or the honours.

Apparently having ordinary is not worth it and stuff.

I really want to leave now and not stay until 4th year but after reading stuff saying having a ordinary degree is not worth it. I’m now little hesitant.

Pls advice me

Cheers guys

Always get an honours degree. An ordinary degree is worthless outside Scotland and you never know what course your life may take in the next 45 years. Best secure all options by studying for one more year.
Why are you so desperate to leave? It would definitely be better to hold on for one more year.

Quick Reply

Latest