The Student Room Group

Oxford Graduate internships

Hi everyone, has anyone ever done the Oxford graduate internships or has applied. I’ve just applied to the Wellcome Biomedical Vacation Scholarship and was wondering if anyone knew the acceptance rate for the scholarships like UNIQ+? Or how many interns they take. I just want to know what my standing may be as I really want this internship!

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Livvygg12
Hi everyone, has anyone ever done the Oxford graduate internships or has applied. I’ve just applied to the Wellcome Biomedical Vacation Scholarship and was wondering if anyone knew the acceptance rate for the scholarships like UNIQ+? Or how many interns they take. I just want to know what my standing may be as I really want this internship!

Thank you :smile:

Hi, I have also applied to this but I also have no idea of the acceptance rate. As far as I know at other universities they offer around 6 scholarships however as some universities were not able to offer the internship due to covid more spaces may have been allocated to Oxbridge but I am not entirely certain. Did you also apply to the Cambridge one?
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by vanillasilver
Hi, I have also applied to this but I also have no idea of the acceptance rate. As far as I know at other universities they offer around 6 scholarships however as some universities were not able to offer the internship due to covid more spaces may have been allocated to Oxbridge but I am not entirely certain. Did you also apply to the Cambridge

UNIQ+ said there’s over 200 places for interships so 😬😬
omg I didn’t know Cambridge had one! Only saw oxfords one. Would have applied to Cambridge too because I’m closer to it
UNIQ+ said there’s over 200 places for interships so 😬😬
omg I didn’t know Cambridge had one! Only saw oxfords one. Would have applied to Cambridge too because I’m closer to it

Wait is that only for the programme that isn’t paid ? As the remote internships have around 50 places. Yes and a bunch of other unis do too, I think it’s because Oxford was advertising it absolutely everywhere even on Snapchat ads. It’s crazy what you can find when you sit there searching, I came upon it by accident initially. Which projects did you apply for ? :smile:
Hi! I applied for the Wellcome BVS in Nottingham and I got an email on friday saying ive been invited for an interview. Does anyone know what the interview process is like and what questions I could expect? x
Reply 5
Original post by vanillasilver
Wait is that only for the programme that isn’t paid ? As the remote internships have around 50 places. Yes and a bunch of other unis do too, I think it’s because Oxford was advertising it absolutely everywhere even on Snapchat ads. It’s crazy what you can find when you sit there searching, I came upon it by accident initially. Which projects did you apply for ? :smile:

Hey! I originally thought it was 50 places too, but on the UNIQ+ website they mentioned that each internship project would have 3-5 people working on it, so I think it is true!
Reply 6
Original post by olawaleag
Hi! I applied for the Wellcome BVS in Nottingham and I got an email on friday saying ive been invited for an interview. Does anyone know what the interview process is like and what questions I could expect? x

Congrats! Didn’t know they did interviews but I imagine they’d want to know your interests, if you’re in an underrepresented background, interest for pg research
Congrats! Didn’t know they did interviews but I imagine they’d want to know your interests, if you’re in an underrepresented background, interest for pg research

Thank you! I didn’t know either, I thought I’d just be accepted straight away lol. I really hope it goes well and I’ll probably come back to this thread to say how it went. I’m just really nervous and have no idea what to expect
Reply 8
Hi! I applied to both UNIQ+ and the Wellcome BVS, the wait is killing me I just wanna know if I got in or not LOL
Reply 9
Original post by AS190
Hi! I applied to both UNIQ+ and the Wellcome BVS, the wait is killing me I just wanna know if I got in or not LOL

Honestly! It’s taking long!! What internships?
Reply 10
From memory: UNIQ+: 1, 3, 4 and BVS: 6, 4, 1.

Yourself?
Reply 11
Original post by AS190
From memory: UNIQ+: 1, 3, 4 and BVS: 6, 4, 1.

Yourself?

The one I want the most is internship 5 (department of psychology). I think I chose biochemistry and anatomy and physiology as my other options.
Hi TSR - we know you're waiting on decisions at the moment, and we just wanted to pass on an update on the decision timeline.

The University has received an unprecedented number of applications for 2021 graduate access programmes, and our team is working with assessors to ensure that you know the outcome of your application as soon as possible. We hope to communicate decisions in the next two to three weeks.

(You'll also see this update added to the UNIQ+ and Wellcome BVS website today at www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/access).
Reply 13
Hi! Has anyone heard anything for bvs? I know UNIQ has started to come through
Reply 14
Original post by Angel36
Hi! Has anyone heard anything for bvs? I know UNIQ has started to come through

Hi! Nope nothing from BVS 😅 did more people apply to UNIQ+ than bvs?

What programmes did you apply for?
Reply 15
I applied for 9,6,4 for BVS and 12 for UNIQ
hbu?
hopefully we'll hear soon!
Reply 16
Original post by Angel36
I applied for 9,6,4 for BVS and 12 for UNIQ
hbu?
hopefully we'll hear soon!

I can’t remember the others that I applied for but the one I want the most is internship 5 (psychology)
Reply 17
I can’t remember the others that I applied for but the one I want the most is internship 5 (psychology)

Good luck, I do hope we get some good news soon🤞
Anyone heard about BVS yet?
Reply 19
I haven't, I wonder if they have started sending out decisions for BVS because I don't know anyone that has heard - having said that, I think they only give something like 6 places

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending