The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2021 MSc in Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation

What are people's backgrounds? When do you think offers will come out? What other courses have you applied to?

Any past or current students happy to share their experience on the course?

:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you know of anyone who heard back yet?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
At this point I’m expecting a rejection lol
I don't know if it would be a good idea to email them and ask.
Can someone call them? I’d do it myself but I’m out of UK
Original post by jumpblue
How did you guys get on? I was fortunate to be offered a place but I think I'm going to decline it for another offer (unless miraculous funding appears).

Hope you got what you wanted!

I have an offer from kings that I feel is fitting :smile: I lowkey wanted to move to london anyway so I guess it works out lol. Congrats on your offer!
Reply 6
Original post by hadeeeeeel
I have an offer from kings that I feel is fitting :smile: I lowkey wanted to move to london anyway so I guess it works out lol. Congrats on your offer!

That's great, London is an exciting place to be! I saw that you posted about mental health studies in another thread, mental health policy is an area I hope to go into so would be interested to hear your career goals if you feel comfortable sharing. Best of luck with your course!
That's great, London is an exciting place to be! I saw that you posted about mental health studies in another thread, mental health policy is an area I hope to go into so would be interested to hear your career goals if you feel comfortable sharing. Best of luck with your course!

I want to develop intervention programs particularly for those who’ve dealt with significant trauma & helping them reintegrate into society :smile: those struggling with addiction & survivors of trafficking are who I hope to focus on!
Reply 8
Original post by hadeeeeeel
I want to develop intervention programs particularly for those who’ve dealt with significant trauma & helping them reintegrate into society :smile: those struggling with addiction & survivors of trafficking are who I hope to focus on!

That sounds amazing, what a great area to work in. Good luck!
Reply 9
I've been offered a place last Friday and my background is in psychology. How about you guys? Anyone else is holding an offer from them? What are your backgrounds if you feel comfortable to share? Many thanks!!!!!!!!
hey guys, i'm debating wether to apply to this or criminology. I currently study criminology so I would like to do something different but the cost is a bit higher than criminology so I am unsure. How are most of you funding this?
Is there any EBSIPE applicant for the March deadline here? Did you notice the upload button disappeared at some time point?
Original post by Jackiechen
Is there any EBSIPE applicant for the March deadline here? Did you notice the upload button disappeared at some time point?

Hi just found this thread :smile: I'm being re-evaluated against March applicants and my button is still very much there...do you know if the department is going to take the full 8-10 weeks to make a decision on March applications?
Original post by Jackiechen

Hi, I'm a Comparative social policy applicant (March deadline). Both courses are in the same department, so I think their processes might be similar. I've just checked the portal and my button has disappeared too! I thought we wouldn't be getting a decision until late April-May... I think I'm gonna get the 2 am email soon :frown:
Original post by mycherieamour
Hi, I'm a Comparative social policy applicant (March deadline). Both courses are in the same department, so I think their processes might be similar. I've just checked the portal and my button has disappeared too! I thought we wouldn't be getting a decision until late April-May... I think I'm gonna get the 2 am email soon :frown:

Have any of you applied to two courses at Oxford, im debating it but not sure if I should Just choose one
Original post by evamokka
Hi just found this thread :smile: I'm being re-evaluated against March applicants and my button is still very much there...do you know if the department is going to take the full 8-10 weeks to make a decision on March applications?

The disappearance of my upload button means that the final decision has been made. But I don't know whether it is a rejection or acceptance. The deadline for informing the March Applicants they give to me is 14th April. I feel very surprised that they had made my decision so quickly. I think it will take longer for the admission committee to make decisions for those students on the waitlist. Maybe the last few days to this deadline.
Original post by mycherieamour

No need to be pessimistic about this. Actually, I think that is a good sign. Because for oxford, they usually made decisions for acceptance first.
Reply 17
Original post by Missmai10
Have any of you applied to two courses at Oxford, im debating it but not sure if I should Just choose one

I applied to three and got offered two. I wasn't sure at first either but now I think you've got nothing to lose! Good luck!
I applied to three and got offered two. I wasn't sure at first either but now I think you've got nothing to lose! Good luck!

Thank you so much thats really encouraging!
Hi all! I got waitlisted two days ago and am wondering if anyone has any info on the waitlist process? How many people are stuck on here with me for example... Additionally, I was thinking of submitting a letter of continued interest to the admissions committee to update them on what i've been doing since I applied in October. Does Oxford typically frown upon that, or would it be neutral to my chances at the very worst?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending