The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge - MPhil Advanced Computer Science - Entry 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
The Admissions Panel for the M.Phil has recommended me to the University’s Student Registry that I be offered a conditional place on the M.Phil in Advanced Computer Science course. Does this mean the acceptance?
I have applied for the ML track.

I got this email and then after 2 weeks I got my conditional offer. This is good news. Your portal should’ve also changed to “waiting for PAO”. However as the email says the decision still lies with PAO. As far as I know PAO rejections are very rare. At this stage they just have to verify your documents ( As far as I’m aware)

Congratulations!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I got this email and then after 2 weeks I got my conditional offer. This is good news. Your portal should’ve also changed to “waiting for PAO”. However as the email says the decision still lies with PAO. As far as I know PAO rejections are very rare. At this stage they just have to verify your documents ( As far as I’m aware)

Congratulations!

Thank you! Congratulations as well, I hope to see you in Cambridge in October!
Reply 662
Thank you! Congratulations as well, I hope to see you in Cambridge in October!

Congrats on the offer! What was your portal status previously? Did you receive the offer via email?
I received an email with the following excerpt at 4:30PM BST today, 26/05/23

"I am delighted to inform you that the Admissions Panel for the M.Phil has recommended to the University’s Student Registry that you be offered a conditional place on the M.Phil in Advanced Computer Science course commencing 1 October 2023. Please note that the Postgraduate Admissions Office is the only authoritative body that can make the formal offer and reserves the right to reject recommendations made by departments. We are very grateful for your patience in this very competitive year."

As of 24/05/23, my portal was still at the Department stage. When I checked after receiving the email, I was at the Degree Committee stage. Later this evening the portal has updated to "Awaiting approval by PAO".

Applied 24/02/23, invited to interview 02/04/23, interviewed on 13/04/23. Programming Languages track.

Interestingly, the end of the email includes "It goes without saying that we would also be grateful if you would let us know as early as possible if you wish to take up the offer of a place on the M.Phil course and no later than 15 May 2023.". I had assumed my chances were slim when the 15th came and went, but evidently they're still processing offers this late. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by jozke
Congrats on the offer! What was your portal status previously? Did you receive the offer via email?

My previous portal status was under review by the department. I received an email with the recommendation for the offer.
My previous portal status was under review by the department. I received an email with the recommendation for the offer.

Good luck!
Do you mind providing more details about the type of questions that you were asked during your interview and what your research was about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending