The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Starting Cardiff university

I accepted my offer to Cardiff yesterday but am starting to wish I had chosen my offer from bath. I’m very shy and love having just a small group of friends and the alcohol, partying scene isn’t really for me. I’ve joined some Facebook group chats for Cardiff and all the girls seem to love partying and I’ve already had this freaky boy pop up to me. It’s really scared me as I don’t think I’m going to fit in with the city life at Cardiff.
im exactly like you! im quite shy and dont drink anyway clubbing scenes not for me im firming biomed for cardiff, what ccourse are you doing??
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by random678
im exactly like you! im quite shy and dont drink anyway clubbing scenes not for me im firming biomed for cardiff, what ccourse are you doing??

Yeah I drink but not much at all (compared to my current friends)! and I’m doing pharmacy so not too different from your course. What accommodation are you going to apply for/ have applied to?
Reply 3
Original post by Margot.smith3
I accepted my offer to Cardiff yesterday but am starting to wish I had chosen my offer from bath. I’m very shy and love having just a small group of friends and the alcohol, partying scene isn’t really for me. I’ve joined some Facebook group chats for Cardiff and all the girls seem to love partying and I’ve already had this freaky boy pop up to me. It’s really scared me as I don’t think I’m going to fit in with the city life at Cardiff.

I'm not really into all the partying and alcohol either so its nice to know im not the only one!
Original post by Margot.smith3
Yeah I drink but not much at all (compared to my current friends)! and I’m doing pharmacy so not too different from your course. What accommodation are you going to apply for/ have applied to?

pharm is a good course! im looking at the hellostudents windsor house! great location and price and spacious room. wbu??
Original post by leahm306
I'm not really into all the partying and alcohol either so its nice to know im not the only one!

same nor am i! what course are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by random678
same nor am i! what course are you doing?

modern languages - spanish and Italian
i am not a big party and drinking person and live in talybont currently, i'm really enjoying it :yep: there are lots of people living in taly so i guarantee not everyone you meet will be the partying type, even though it can get loud at night sometimes! found it easy in terms of meeting new people as there are so many students there.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by leahm306
modern languages - spanish and Italian

I’m not a big partier either and I’m also doing mlang but Spanish and Japanese

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending