The Student Room Group

Please help to decide uni

Hi, I'm currently got offered from uni of surrey and Exeter and still waiting from QMUL. Uni of bath asked me for extra statement for programming experience detail.
Because of my undergrad background (management information system) and without working experience in this field, I kind of think that placement year in uni of surrey is reasonable option.
But still confused to choose among them,,

Please give any advice for me :smile:
Have a look at the courses and the modules, even if the course has the same name the modules and content will be different! See if they offer the op our for a placement yearAnd if there isn't really a distinction there
Consider the reputation of the university social life societies facilities, help offered academically and pastorally etc. And if that still doesn't sort the split. Consider the surrounding area, night life, crime rate, places to live, green spaces, transport links and if that still doesn't solve it
Have a look at extras your university offers, free books, scholarships etc.
And if you still cant decide, rate each of the items above in order of most to least important and then rate the universities for best to worst in these categories and check out the totals.

They are all reasonable and reputable universities and you'll do well at any of them.
What subject? I'm guessing Computer Science?

Master's with placement years are a bit of a scam now, they were largely introduced in order to improve the graduate prospects of international students regarding remaining in the UK, but this is fairly redundant now due to the introduction of the PSW. If you can get a placement year then you can get a normal job, it's not worth spending the extra money on it, particularly if you're going to be paid less than a year as a graduate too.
Original post by jinnie_
Hi, I'm currently got offered from uni of surrey and Exeter and still waiting from QMUL. Uni of bath asked me for extra statement for programming experience detail.
Because of my undergrad background (management information system) and without working experience in this field, I kind of think that placement year in uni of surrey is reasonable option.
But still confused to choose among them,,

Please give any advice for me :smile:

Hi there :smile:

It's great to hear you have an offer from the University of Surrey! I am a second year Psychology student, so if you do have any questions, please feel free to ask! I can answer as many as you have :smile:

Firstly, is there anything that you want a university to have? If there is, then maybe you can compare the universities based on this and see what one would be better. For example you could look at the accommodation, the modules, the facilities, the library, the support available at each university and compare these by picking out pros and cons and then weighing them up to come to an overall decision! This is a good way to get you thinking decisively. You could also speak to friends and family and based on the way you speak about each university, they may be able to tell you which one you speak about more enthusiastically.

Once again, please feel free to ask questions and well done on your offers!

Becca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending