The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh accommodation question

Hi everyone :smile:

I'm firmed an unconditional offer at Edinburgh and now I'm looking at accommodation. I'm aware most people don't get allocated the halls they put down, but nevertheless I'm striving to make an informed decision.

I'm looking at the self-catered stuff rather than catered - Pollock doesn't really appeal to me, seeing how it's quite far out and the food apparently isn't all that great. In terms of self-catering, I'd really like to be quite close to the uni...I'm looking at the places on Cowgate, although I know it's meant to be noisy at night.

The pandemic has turned me off the private sector, so I'm only talking about the uni's own accommodation here. If it all goes wrong again and I'm stuck at home then I want to be able to have a refund on my accommodation! But hopefully that won't happen.

Basically, I've narrowed it down to a shortlist (Blackfriars St, Kincaid's Court, Nicolson St, Robertson's Close), but I'd be really interested in hearing peoples' views about the accommodation. Are there anyone ones people particularly recommend or particularly discourage? Do any of them have a community spirit to them? Are they all just much of a muchness, really? Thanks.
Reply 1
Hiya. I've been thinking about Salisbury Court - however it seems a bit far from the university? Thanks :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I've filled out my application :smile:

Went for Blackfriars St, Robbie Close, S Clerk St, Nicolson St & New Arthur Place.
hi, I've got a question: in the application you have to choose five different buildings or five different kinds of rooms? and if you have to choose five types of rooms, do they all be located in different buildings?
Thanks for inspiring me! Still don't have an offer yet but thought I would familiarise myself with the options at least!

Like you I want self catering, but I do like my sleep so I can't be right on Cowate! I also want to be close to the Business school and need to be close to the gym so my list is a little different.

Appreciate any comments on how clean these are:
New Arthur Place
Salisbury Court
Hermit's Croft
Darroch Court
Nicholson Street
Reply 5
oh would love to find out more about the edinburgh accommodations as well. i just got my offer to study MSc in Environment, Culture and Society, and i'm wondering if accommodations on campus or off campus is better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending