The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University Advice

Greetings

So I’m currently ****ed up! I mean to say that I made a blunder. I had my CIEs going on and I wasn’t prepared for my Physics and Chemistry exams and had a fear of contracting COVID-19. I didn’t know what to do. I was really tensed over that. We were given an option to defer our exams to October/November examinations cycle so I had been thinking to opt for that. However, if I did, I would have to defer my enrolment to University of Edinburgh too. In order to learn if there’s any option for deferment, I searched google. I was searching for there was any Spring term for university of Edinburgh and google was showing some results for that. I looked over them and I misunderstood the information there. I fell into thinking that there “is” a Spring term at University of Edinburgh for undergraduate students. Therefore, I withdrew my Physics exam after appearing for my chemistry exam (which didn’t go that well n which actually pushed me to withdraw my Physics exam). After that, I emailed University of Edinburgh asking them to defer my enrolment to Spring term. Receiving there email just today, I came to know that there’s no “spring term” as such. So I’m really stressed out right now. What should I do? Can someone please advice me? Thank you!

By the way, I do have another option that is to go for ( USA) Georgia Institute of Technology that does have a spring term, which was one of the reasons I believed there must be a spring start date for University of Edinburgh too :frown:

But my parents want me to go for UK rather than USA :frown: and I was assuring them that University of Edinburgh also offers Spring start date

Is there any option? Can University of Edinburgh accept me if I get A’s or A*’s in my Mathematics and Further Mathematics exams? (For September 2021 class) Please let me know ASAP! Sorry for writing such a long para, I’m really worried (sorry for the inappropriate language too)
First of all, congratulations on getting an offer! Did you fill out the offer form in here? The spreadsheet generated will really help students applying next year.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6911302

What course did you apply for? Have you tried ringing the relevant college and explaining your situation? Email takes forever, plus they have not actually finished the admissions process for everyone (I for one, still don’t have an answer and am having to wait until 20 May!)
What are the conditional terms of your offer from Edinburgh? If you will be unable to meet the conditions before September 2021 term start date it will be unlikely they allow you to attend. It is so competitive this year. However, if you don’t ask, you’re never going to know.
Good luck and sorry for your stress.
(edited 2 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending