The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to sixth form at Thurston

Hey guys! I’m currently studying abroad in France which unfortunately means that I don’t get to see my sixth form before I go there in September. Also it means I completely miss the introduction days too:frown: so out of curiosity I was just wondering if anyone is or will be going to Thurston sixth or the other sixth forms in that area? I just want to know what they’re like :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, I currently go to the thurston secondary school and have been to a couple taster days at the sixth form. It's a very nice campus, maybe a bit small if you come from a bigger school, and the facilities are pretty good. Teachers tend to be nice and interested in their subjects, a couple of them aren't great but that's uncommon. It's a relatively small school with small class sizes, normally less than 20. The only real problem with the school is the leadership, the new principal is pretty bad and lots of the senior leadership team have left or are about to leave, and many of them don't stay for very long, this isn't quite as bad at the sixth form yet as they are semi-seperate but it's likely only a matter of time. Overall it's a pretty good sixth form with a friendly and welcoming environment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending