The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust 4-year PhD scholarship - Travelling Costs

I have recently been offered the WT PhD scholarship as an international student. I’m based in Asia so I’ll obviously have to fly to the UK for my PhD.

Question: does the funding cover the initial travel cost (flight ticket)?
You’d have to look at the specific terms of the award, but no they wouldn’t usually cover that, nor flights back home in between years etc.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You’d have to look at the specific terms of the award, but no they wouldn’t usually cover that, nor flights back home in between years etc.

Thanks! Unfortunately it’s still quite early in the year and I haven’t been given any details on the award yet apart from what’s available on the web. But yes I can see that it’s probably not covered..
Original post by helmholtz
Thanks! Unfortunately it’s still quite early in the year and I haven’t been given any details on the award yet apart from what’s available on the web. But yes I can see that it’s probably not covered..

The main travel costs that are likely to be covered are if you have to relocate to, say, another university as part of your project (e.g. a several month placement abroad) or travel costs to conferences. Beyond that I would say it's unlikely
Reply 4
Original post by QuentinM
The main travel costs that are likely to be covered are if you have to relocate to, say, another university as part of your project (e.g. a several month placement abroad) or travel costs to conferences. Beyond that I would say it's unlikely

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending