The Student Room Group

Will i find a job after completion of my postgraduate degree

I got accepted into the university of York MSc biotechnology, are there any alumni here from the above university.
Im really worried if i will find a job after graduating as an international student, I would love any kind of input regarding the job situation since i don't have anyone to talk to about this.
Reply 1
I did my undergraduate at York and it was amazing. Great uni and lovely city! Fab place to study :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by nebula123456
I got accepted into the university of York MSc biotechnology, are there any alumni here from the above university.
Im really worried if i will find a job after graduating as an international student, I would love any kind of input regarding the job situation since i don't have anyone to talk to about this.

Do you mean finding a job in the UK? That will depend on whether you're entitled to work in the UK / what type of visa you can get; graduating from a UK university does not give an automatic right to work here. You are probably better placed that people on here to know what the job market is like in your home country.

As Ari3 says, York is an excellent university and a lovely place to study.
national students are spending 1-2 years finding a UK job. international almost impossible
Original post by marple
Do you mean finding a job in the UK? That will depend on whether you're entitled to work in the UK / what type of visa you can get; graduating from a UK university does not give an automatic right to work here. You are probably better placed that people on here to know what the job market is like in your home country.

As Ari3 says, York is an excellent university and a lovely place to study.

I will have a Post-study work visa for 2 years so I would like to find a an appropriate job at that time
Original post by Proxenus
national students are spending 1-2 years finding a UK job. international almost impossible

Thanks for your input, I did think it would be different since this time we will get a post-study work visa
Original post by ari3
I did my undergraduate at York and it was amazing. Great uni and lovely city! Fab place to study :smile:

thank you for your info
Original post by nebula123456

Hi @nebula123456
congratulations on your offer!
We do have a dedicated careers team at York who can support you to find a job after your MSc.
Here's the link if you'd like to book an appointment to talk to them or just see what they can offer you: https://www.york.ac.uk/students/work-volunteering-careers/
Let me know if you have any more questions,
Bea
Graduate Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending