The Student Room Group

UCLH Leadership and Management Training Scheme

Thought I would start a thread for the UCLH Leadership Management Training Scheme!

How did everyone find the application?

Has anyone heard anything yet!?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't heard anything back. I've emailed the recruitment contact, as on the job description it says that there will be tests/assessments over the 6 weeks following the closing date, so I'm not sure whether to assume that I've been unsuccessful? Keeping my fingers crossed, though!
Reply 2
Original post by 1998tommo
Hi, I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't heard anything back. I've emailed the recruitment contact, as on the job description it says that there will be tests/assessments over the 6 weeks following the closing date, so I'm not sure whether to assume that I've been unsuccessful? Keeping my fingers crossed, though!

Same I submitted mine just before they extended the deadline to the 18th. Please do let me know what they say when they respond to you email! Fingers and toes are crossed!
Just found out that I've made it through to the next round - online psychometric testing
Reply 4
Same, good luck!
Reply 5
Did the psychometric tests last week and now keeping my fingers crossed for a positive response (although I didn't feel amazingly confident about them tbf). I think the email said they'd let us know by the 16th! Good luck guys.
Would be interested to find out how many applications they received too!
Yes, me too - it's always difficult to know how well you've done in those kinds of tests! Hopefully we'll find out at some point today. Does anyone know how many people they typically hire?
Has anyone heard back?
Reply 8
Has anyone heard back?

Nope, nothing yet!
Reply 9
I haven’t heard anything either
Hi, found out this morning that I'm through to the assessment centre. How did you guys get on?
Hi, found out this morning that I'm through to the assessment centre. How did you guys get on?

Congratulations! Me too - was lovely news to wake up to. Now to prepare for next week!
Hey guys, I also found out I made it to the virtual group assessment and individual exercise assessment.

However, I am quite confused as to what we may be assessed on. Any clue? Any particular practice interviews/ group assessments I could practice online?

Your help is much appreciated!
Original post by Ras00008
Hey guys, I also found out I made it to the virtual group assessment and individual exercise assessment.

However, I am quite confused as to what we may be assessed on. Any clue? Any particular practice interviews/ group assessments I could practice online?

Your help is much appreciated!

Congrats! I have mine booked for Thursday.
I am in the same boat as you and have been doing a lot of Googling in anticipation since applying.
I would definitely have a look at the resources available for the broader NHS Graduate Management Scheme online (lots of discussion boards around this on StudentRoom too from past intakes) as I envisage the set up will be similar. Also keep the NHS and UCLH core values, and of course the patients in mind.
I am not really sure if there is any particularly ~specific preparation we can do, but I would imagine they will assess on facets like communication, teamwork, people-skills, dealing with pressure etc? I'm sure trying to refer back to the job description and person spec from the initial applications will come in handy too. Let us know if you find anything of use also!
Original post by Doviledo
Congrats! I have mine booked for Thursday.
I am in the same boat as you and have been doing a lot of Googling in anticipation since applying.
I would definitely have a look at the resources available for the broader NHS Graduate Management Scheme online (lots of discussion boards around this on StudentRoom too from past intakes) as I envisage the set up will be similar. Also keep the NHS and UCLH core values, and of course the patients in mind.
I am not really sure if there is any particularly ~specific preparation we can do, but I would imagine they will assess on facets like communication, teamwork, people-skills, dealing with pressure etc? I'm sure trying to refer back to the job description and person spec from the initial applications will come in handy too. Let us know if you find anything of use also!

Thanks a lot!

Yeah I am just confused whether the assessments would be like Consultancy based or different to that. I was also doing a lot of googling myself and although I could not find too much materials related to the UCLH scheme, there are resources available for the NHS one. Will take a look at the forums here and see what I can find.

I also emailed our assessment contact and he said there is no pre- reading required, and that all instructions will be given to us on the day.

Mines booked for Friday. All the best!
If you research group assessment activities that should be of some help. That’s what I have been doing, that and just reading bits of the NHS values etc. I wouldn’t have a mare about it, it’s more about watching how we communicate with each other, problem solve etc.
Reply 16
Goodness, i have no idea how that group assessment or the written assessment went. Did anyone have any thoughts?
Original post by Monch
Goodness, i have no idea how that group assessment or the written assessment went. Did anyone have any thoughts?

Ah boy, same!
I was in a group with two very well versed/organised guys for the group task who both did great and was just off the back of a few very stressful (and overtime filled) days at work so definitely could have performed better there.

Managed to get the written task in just in time! I did feel the pressure with that but I managed to at least finish everything. With 20-30 through to final interviews, I'm not holding my breath, but would be v pleasantly surprised if I managed to nab one!
Reply 18
I just feel like we waffled and i submitted it 2 minutes late so I'm not holding my breath either. Gutted
Original post by Monch
I just feel like we waffled and i submitted it 2 minutes late so I'm not holding my breath either. Gutted

I'm sure you did better than you thought!
The whole thing is made to be stressful/high pressure, and I'm sure they don't expect people to be 100% on the ball (esp as I assume most of us haven't been a part of an assessment centre/interview process like this, especially virtually). Will keep my fingers crossed for you too!
I wanted to ask how many posts are actually available but it completely slipped my mind, I wonder if anyone here has any idea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending