The Student Room Group

Studying vet med abroad

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help me? I want to study vet med at Kosice can I get any loans to help with fees or maintenance?
Original post by Charlotte09
Can anyone help me? I want to study vet med at Kosice can I get any loans to help with fees or maintenance?

Nope, there are no loans or anything :-(
There are bank loans - career development loans. I believe you are entitled to apply for one to finance for tuition in Slovakia. I think there are only certain banks that do them. I'm sure someone else on here can give you more details.
sorry i dont know how i read this compltely wrong, but i read it as "bursaries" ....no idea how, sorry! Anyway, yes there are loans, but the max is £10,000 theyre called career development loans, but no, you cant get your tuition fee paid here
Thank you for the help :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by tigercallie
Hey, this is a really old thread. I did go to slovakia in the end and now actually live with Hannah! Its been really nice rereading this so thanks for bumping it up :-D haha. You should look at the "UVM Kosice" thread, which me and hannah still post on regularly. The entry requirements for the grad course at UVM is a degree in a biological science, doesn't matter what grade. So if you have that, then you meet the entry requirements. Their email address is [email protected] or [email protected] I always email both at the same time cos i never know which one they check. They are however notoriously slow at replying to emails, so it might be easier to just apply!

Hi Hannah and Elle, you are the founders of this and the other thread- your names are everywhere. Im soooooo glad you had the guts back then to go abroad and now you've promoted it and opened the door for so many others!! I think that is amazing....

Anyway- i thought it might be a good idea to give us a little profile of life after Kosice...I am applying in March 2014 to start September 2014. Of, course considering the UK unis is in my mind to so any information to sway or hinder me is still very much required and desperately being sought!!

Id love to know how yous found the course and perhaps, since it was mentioned previously, how yous have found employment and "fitting in", for the want of a better term, back in the UK again. AND.... do you now enjoy waht you do???? :smile:

ps. Thats soooo cute that you two got a great friendship out of this whole thing. cool.

pps. I am Irish and a graduate (3 times) and so will be applying for the 4 year course. Id love to know how you found this.

Thanks a bunch,
Bronagh
Hey, not been on here in months! Working full time now, as is Hannah. Its tough, long hours but its good and i really enjoy it - I always remind myself I could be sitting in an office or lab instead. Getting a job wasn't really a problem, i dont know of any uk/irish grads that aren't employed, and fitting in hasnt been a problem either, I think we're basically the same as the UK grads. All in all, the course was tough, with some really difficult non-stop exams along the way, but im so glad i did it, made some amazing friends, and would recommend it to people. I really miss Slovakia now, hoping to go back sometime this year to visit.
Reply 27
I came across this site by accident whilst browsing around, what a lucky day! :smile:

Here's my situation: I studied vet med for 2 years back in 2008 in Estonia but quit after those years as it just was not for me. Back then one had to study it completely in Estonian, although since this fall it's been possible to do in English being approx. In the same pricerange as Hungary.

After ending my studies in Estonia, I moved to Germany to do a B.A. in Archseology (yes I know, 'slightly' different haha) and currently I am on my lsst year of it. Now the thing is I've been thinking about finishing my vet degree as I don't like leaving things halfdone and it was my absolute childhood dream. I am however, not interested in returning to Estonia and thus havebeen very interested in Poland and especially Slovakia. :smile:

Now I have a few quedtions; I read that there is a possibilty to do the course in 4 years(Kosice). Would I be elligible for that for doing 2 years? Or would I have to start all over from the beginning?
Also do any of you students have pets of your own there? I have a dog, who goes with me everywhere so she would definitely come with me. What about finding apsrtments with a pet? Dorms do not allow pets I'd imagine?
Reply 28
Hi Hannah, I'm looking to do this myself, will you tell me more about the process, the prerequisites, the costs and the duration please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending