The Student Room Group

How do other introverts get into relationships and I can't?

As above
Lol come off anon maybe?
There are as many different introverts as extraverts. It is not an overriding all encompassing characteristic. Some are intelligent, funny, kind etc and others less so. Those introverts that are in relationships are probably with people who have taken the time to discover the person behind the shyness. So my advice is to look for the write person and develope your other qualities.
Original post by Justaboutalive
Lol come off anon maybe?

loled.
PRSOM
Original post by Anonymous
As above

Just need to put yourself in situations where you come into contact with other people. Could even be via the internet if you never leave your house. I've had a few relationships that started over the internet.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Chicken.M.
Just need to put yourself in situations where you come into contact with other people. Could even be via the internet if you never leave your house. I've had a few relationships that started over the internet.

How? It's difficult with a pandemic. I don't think I could approach guys in public like make the first move. I've tried online dating sites but nothing happened so I just deleted the apps/dating profile. What did you use?
How? It's difficult with a pandemic.

Good news: the pandemic is dead - long live the endemic :wink:

Now you need to step out of your own mental lockdown....
How? It's difficult with a pandemic. I don't think I could approach guys in public like make the first move. I've tried online dating sites but nothing happened so I just deleted the apps/dating profile. What did you use?

Well one of my first girlfriends was from TSR when I was 19 because we found out we were going to the same Uni and then met up in real life.

Some of the others have been from facebook. I made an astrology group on facebook that grew pretty big like 50k members and I ended up making a bunch of friends/relationships that way.

I've never met anyone from a dating app. The conversations have always been really shallow and didn't click for me.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Justvisited
Good news: the pandemic is dead - long live the endemic :wink:

Now you need to step out of your own mental lockdown....

How? cases are rising again. Another lockdown is on the way.....
Reply 8
Original post by Chicken.M.
Well one of my first girlfriends was from TSR when I was 19 because we found out we were going to the same Uni and then met up in real life.

Some of the others have been from facebook. I made an astrology group on facebook that grew pretty big like 50k members and I ended up making a bunch of friends/relationships that way.

Wow. I'm in a few introvert groups on Facebook and other groups relating to my hobbies/interests too but I haven't really spoken to anyone in them. Tsr I've chatted to people but nothing ever happened because they live too far away from me or for whatever reason. Like I don't know what to say
Wow. I'm in a few introvert groups on Facebook and other groups relating to my hobbies/interests too but I haven't really spoken to anyone in them. Tsr I've chatted to people but nothing ever happened because they live too far away from me or for whatever reason. Like I don't know what to say

Tbh, this is going to be easier for you because you're a woman and it's less creepy for a woman to initiate the first contact on social media. A good number of my female friends from these groups sent me random friend requests and then messaged me randomly. I'm really antisocial and one of them I ended up replying to her first message 3 months later apologising I took so long and we hit things off.

But the other way things happened a bit more naturally was by replying to the same people's posts / comments many times over a period of time and eventually we'd add each other as friends and start messaging each other too. Tbh one of them I replied to her comment on a post and we had a funny convo agreeing on something, can't remember what though, and I liked her attitude so asked if she wanted to be friends and I still talk to her now, we're pretty close. It was really spontanious as well I'd never seen her beforehand.

Also it's really easy to make friends in these groups because it's full of people that are learning astrology and how to read birth charts so loads of the friendships start off with people trying to read each other's birth charts for fun and talking about that. So if you're in your own hobby groups you can use that as the first conversation.
(edited 2 years ago)
Thanks I think I will try commenting on people's posts in my Facebook groups or replying to comments more often cos I rarely do it now but I've started posting more in the groups so hopefully I'll make new friends and get to meet people that way. It sounds so easy but I know it won't be. I'm expecting nothing to happen so I won't be disappointed.

Someone did send me a random friend request from one of my groups ages ago, I think it was a woman though and I messaged them asking who they were but they never messaged me back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending