The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi 👋 I have applied for mph program for January 2022 intake,but still not heard back from the university. It’s been more then a month.Does this mean I am in the rejection pile 😥.I am an international student was hoping to get into university of Chester.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Good afternoon,
I have applied for this specific course on 2-Oct-2021. Its been 4 weeks but still I have not received any update. I am very keen to get admission in this university. I would really appreciate if you can give me any update regarding my application, and when can I expect my unconditional offer letter. I would be really thankful if you can put my application on priority. Thank you so much.

Application Reference Number (OAI151932) CRM:0075478971
Course Code: MSC-C
Course Description: Cardiovascular Disease (Master of Science)
Intake: Feb 2022

Regards
Syeda Mohi Fatima
Reply 3
Hi,
Even I am still waiting to hear back from university of Chester,it’s been more than a month since I applied for masters of public health.Has anyone got an offer for February 2022 intake.
Hi @Doc 05 and @mohifatima,

We've just spoken to our International Team and they're currently working their way through a large volume of applications. They'll respond to your application as soon as they can.

Sarah
Reply 5
Thanks 😊
Original post by University of Chester
Hi @Doc 05 and @mohifatima,

We've just spoken to our International Team and they're currently working their way through a large volume of applications. They'll respond to your application as soon as they can.

Sarah

Hi Sarah.
I have received Skype Interview Invitation today which is scheduled on 12th November. Is it possible to re-schedule to this week?

I am really worried, because on the website, it says last date for deposit for Feb 2022 intake is 8th November. And I have still didn’t get offer letter.

Original post by mohifatima
Hi Sarah.
I have received Skype Interview Invitation today which is scheduled on 12th November. Is it possible to re-schedule to this week?

I am really worried, because on the website, it says last date for deposit for Feb 2022 intake is 8th November. And I have still didn’t get offer letter.

Hi @mohifatima

We recommend contacting our International Centre, as they are responsible for processing the Skype Interviews. Their email address is [email protected].

Alex
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have emailed to International Department several times, but there is no response. I got an automated reply from UoC, “If you have applied for a January or February start course but have not received an offer from us by the end of the day on Friday 31st October 2021, please note that your application will unfortunately not be considered for entry this intake”.

I am writing this email to ask for your help now. I'm reaching out to you after already waiting for 4 weeks on my application. I have received Skype Interview Invitation which is scheduled on 12th November. I am really worried, because I have still not issued offer letter. I request you to please re-schedule my Skype Interview before 31st October, and accelerate the processing time of my application so that offer letter is issued on or before 31st October, so that I can deposit my fees before the last date or is it possible to deposit fees before the offer letter is issued? At any cost, I can't afford to lose this opportunity for February 2022 intake.

I am deeply upset that I have still not issued offer letter. This is really disheartening because I am very keen to get admission in February 2022 intake of this university. I worked really hard to fulfill my application requirements at the University of Chester and submitted a perfect application. For me, studying at UoC is once in a lifetime opportunity and it will have an immense impact on my career. I hope you will understand my situation.

I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive any kind of support from the International team of the university in this regard. Eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Regards,
Syeda Mohi Fatima
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have emailed to International Department several times, but there is no response. I got an automated reply from UoC, “If you have applied for a January or February start course but have not received an offer from us by the end of the day on Friday 31st October 2021, please note that your application will unfortunately not be considered for entry this intake”.

I am writing this email to ask for your help now. I'm reaching out to you after already waiting for 4 weeks on my application. I have received Skype Interview Invitation which is scheduled on 12th November. I am really worried, because I have still not issued offer letter. I request you to please re-schedule my Skype Interview before 31st October, and accelerate the processing time of my application so that offer letter is issued on or before 31st October, so that I can deposit my fees before the last date or is it possible to deposit fees before the offer letter is issued? At any cost, I can't afford to lose this opportunity for February 2022 intake.

I am deeply upset that I have still not issued offer letter. This is really disheartening because I am very keen to get admission in February 2022 intake of this university. I worked really hard to fulfill my application requirements at the University of Chester and submitted a perfect application. For me, studying at UoC is once in a lifetime opportunity and it will have an immense impact on my career. I hope you will understand my situation.

I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive any kind of support from the International team of the university in this regard. Eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Regards,
Syeda Mohi Fatima

Hi @mohifatima,

We have spoken to our International Team and they have suggested that you give them a call directly on +44 1244 512465. Please note, lines are open between 10am and 12pm and 2pm and 4pm Monday to Friday.

Sarah
Hi @mohifatima,

We have spoken to our International Team and they have suggested that you give them a call directly on +44 1244 512465. Please note, lines are open between 10am and 12pm and 2pm and 4pm Monday to Friday.

Sarah

Thank you so much Sarah.
I have got unconditional offer letter and I have paid my deposit fees of £3000 as well. Now I am in the process of CAS.

I will be coming there with my spouse. So we will be applying visa together. I understand for visa application we need to show total funds (remaining tuition fees, my maintenance costs, my husband’s maintenance costs) available in our accounts for 28 days.

We need to show something around £22,300
( Remaining tuition fees -£7000,
My maintenance costs - £9207
My husband maintenance costs - £6120)

But my query is, for CAS as well do we need to show total funds or is it fine to exclude husband’s maintenance costs just for CAS?

I don’t mind showing all funds, in fact I have extra £6000 in my accounts. Total around £28000. But 28 day rule is completing on 22nd November. And last date to request CAS is 19th November. Can I request CAS by showing funds for 20 days? I promise to send financial documents again after 28 day completes in bank on 22nd November 2021.

Regards
Thank you so much Sarah.
I have got unconditional offer letter and I have paid my deposit fees of £3000 as well. Now I am in the process of CAS.

I will be coming there with my spouse. So we will be applying visa together. I understand for visa application we need to show total funds (remaining tuition fees, my maintenance costs, my husband’s maintenance costs) available in our accounts for 28 days.

We need to show something around £22,300
( Remaining tuition fees -£7000,
My maintenance costs - £9207
My husband maintenance costs - £6120)

But my query is, for CAS as well do we need to show total funds or is it fine to exclude husband’s maintenance costs just for CAS?

I don’t mind showing all funds, in fact I have extra £6000 in my accounts. Total around £28000. But 28 day rule is completing on 22nd November. And last date to request CAS is 19th November. Can I request CAS by showing funds for 20 days? I promise to send financial documents again after 28 day completes in bank on 22nd November 2021.

Regards

@mohifatima I would recommend getting in touch with our International Team directly with specific questions, as they can provide you with a more detailed response. Please drop them an email: [email protected]

Sarah
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi we went to the open day with the youngest daughter (she starts uni in 2023) and loves Chester. Accommodation she would prefer mixed sex self catering, and there was not that option on campus from what I can see. Are there self catering accommodation that a lot of first years tend to go to? example like Abbeygate/Hollybank?
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Hi we went to the open day with the youngest daughter (she starts uni in 2023) and loves Chester. Accommodation she would prefer mixed sex self catering, and there was not that option on campus from what I can see. Are there self catering accommodation that a lot of first years tend to go to? example like Abbeygate/Hollybank?

That's great to hear that she loves Chester. :h: We do have a number of accommodation options, this includes self-catered en-suite residences like Hollybank. We have a 360 tour of Hollybank which you may find useful. Abbeygate is operated by one of our Private Partners Fresh Student Living. As Chester is quite a compact city and it doesn't take long to walk between the Parkgate Road site and the city centre, it doesn't tend to matter whether first year students stay on or off campus. There isn't a particular preference on the actual halls of residence as University owned accommodation is only for first year students anyway.

Sarah
That's great to hear that she loves Chester. :h: We do have a number of accommodation options, this includes self-catered en-suite residences like Hollybank. We have a 360 tour of Hollybank which you may find useful. Abbeygate is operated by one of our Private Partners Fresh Student Living. As Chester is quite a compact city and it doesn't take long to walk between the Parkgate Road site and the city centre, it doesn't tend to matter whether first year students stay on or off campus. There isn't a particular preference on the actual halls of residence as University owned accommodation is only for first year students anyway.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah. So when making a decision about accommodation, how many choices can you put down? Ive seen some unis that have as many as seven, or like her eldest sister her uni had 2 choices.
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Thanks Sarah. So when making a decision about accommodation, how many choices can you put down? Ive seen some unis that have as many as seven, or like her eldest sister her uni had 2 choices.

We ask applicants to list their preferences on board basis rather than individual buildings. So, your daughter would be asked to put the following in her preferred order - self-catered standard, self-catered en-suite, full-board en-suite, studio, partnership. Accommodation is then allocated based on these preferences.
We hope this helps!
Becky
Thanks Becky it does. Self catered ensuite would be the first choice, then partnership( as long as the partnership is not like Tudor court as thats out of the price range)
Reply 17
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Chester for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Applying for adult nursing with a foundation year, and currently re taking my maths and English :smile: Chester is my firm choice 🙏
Original post by Er2021
Applying for adult nursing with a foundation year, and currently re taking my maths and English :smile: Chester is my firm choice 🙏

Good luck! Keep us updated with how you get on :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Good luck! Keep us updated with how you get on :biggrin:

Thankyou! I have my interview in 2 weeks 🙏🙏🥰

Latest

Trending

Trending