The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I’m applying for the BSc in dietetics, currently studying an Access course in health science.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
How soon can I apply for Feb 2023 intake , MSC Bio medical science ?
Also I would like to know around what date feb intake starts .Is it something around mid February or something. Can WAEC substitute IELTs?
Also can the University of Chester English test act as a substitute as well .
Hi, I have applied for Primary Education (5-11) with QTS, which I have an interview for on 15th December, so any advice would be very much appreciated! I am currently studying CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education!
Original post by Aderonke Babs
How soon can I apply for Feb 2023 intake , MSC Bio medical science ?
Also I would like to know around what date feb intake starts .Is it something around mid February or something. Can WAEC substitute IELTs?
Also can the University of Chester English test act as a substitute as well .

Hello @Aderonke Babs :hello:

Applications will open in late Summer/early Autumn, it may be best to contact the International Centre when it gets closer to this time, their email address is [email protected].
February intakes usually start in the first week of February.
Yes, WAEC can substitute IELTs, for undergraduates we accept C or C6 and above and for postgraduates we accept C6 and above.

I hope this helps. :smile:

Alex
Original post by sashadivachic
Hi, I have applied for Primary Education (5-11) with QTS, which I have an interview for on 15th December, so any advice would be very much appreciated! I am currently studying CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education!

Hello @sashadivachic :hi:

I have spoken to the Faculty of Education and Children's Services and they said that they would advise to read the invitation email carefully and watch the PowerPoint that came alongside it. There are lots of top tips in there! Be yourself, try to get your passion for teaching and learning across as well as thinking carefully about why you would like to be a teacher before the interview. Our Teaching lecturers are looking forward to seeing you next week, good luck!

:goodluck:

Alex
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by University of Chester
Hello @sashadivachic :hi:

I have spoken to the Faculty of Education and Children's Services and they said that they would advise to read the invitation email carefully and watch the PowerPoint that came alongside it. There are lots of top tips in there! Be yourself, try to get your passion for teaching and learning across as well as thinking carefully about why you would like to be a teacher before the interview. Our Teaching lecturers are looking forward to seeing you next week, good luck!

:goodluck:

Alex

Hey Alex thanks so much for the advice. By the way what do you study and why did you choose uni of Chester? Did you find lecturers supportive and what kind of societies are there?
I applied for Psychology masters course for September 2022. I look forward to a positive outcome and the UofChester Experience.
Original post by sashadivachic
Hey Alex thanks so much for the advice. By the way what do you study and why did you choose uni of Chester? Did you find lecturers supportive and what kind of societies are there?

Hi @sashadivachic

I'm not a student at the University of Chester but, if you would like to speak to our current students about their experiences, then we have a chat feature on our website at www.chester.ac.uk/ask.

I hope this helps!

Alex
Original post by Doc 05
Hi 👋 I have applied for mph program for January 2022 intake,but still not heard back from the university. It’s been more then a month.Does this mean I am in the rejection pile 😥.I am an international student was hoping to get into university of Chester.

i applied for integrated masters back in October and have my interview tomorrow am, i didn't hear anything until last week.
they told me no news is good news x
Hi, I applied in November 2021 for the Psychology Conversion Course for September 2022. It’s been almost 3 months no communication from the University.

I sent an email to the International Office - no response. Not even an automated response.

I really really like Chester and it’s my firm choice but I am getting a little worried by the delayed communication. Other Universities have responded and offered me admission but my preferred choice is non responsive.

Please has anyone received an offer for September yet? Just wanna be sure I’m not in the rejection pile.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Phoenixa
Hi, I applied in November 2021 for the Psychology Conversion Course for September 2022. It’s been almost 3 months no communication from the University.

I sent an email to the International Office - no response. Not even an automated response.

I really really like Chester and it’s my firm choice but I am getting a little worried by the delayed communication. Other Universities have responded and offered me admission but my preferred choice is non responsive.

Please has anyone received an offer for September yet? Just wanna be sure I’m not in the rejection pile.

Hi @Phoenixa :hello:

We're sorry to hear that you have not received a response. We wanted to check you have the correct email address for our International team as you should receive an automated response in the first instance when sending an email to the team. Please ensure you are contacting them via [email protected]. Alternatively you could also try them via twitter - https://twitter.com/UoCInter

I hope this helps!

Becky
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Chester for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Im applying for biomedical and im currently studying access to science after dropping a level maths, im also staying at Abbeygate accommodation if everything goes well.
Original post by GabrielNith03
Im applying for biomedical and im currently studying access to science after dropping a level maths, im also staying at Abbeygate accommodation if everything goes well.

Good luck with your application! :smile:
hiya i have an unconditional to study french and german and i’m thinking of staying in tramways:smile: send me a DM if you’re doing a similar course or also thinking of tramways:smile:
Hey , I applied for biomedical science MSc it been weeks and I’m yet to get a response.university of Chester is a prestigious university getting a response will be of great pleasure.thanks I hope to hear from you soon.
Original post by sonnywhitehouse
hiya i have an unconditional to study french and german and i’m thinking of staying in tramways:smile: send me a DM if you’re doing a similar course or also thinking of tramways:smile:

Hi @sonnywhitehouse :hi:

We have a Facebook offer holders group where our offer holders are all meeting each other and creating group chats for their courses and accommodation. You can request to join at www.facebook.com/groups/uocofferholders2022.

Alex
Original post by Wuraola wura
Hey , I applied for biomedical science MSc it been weeks and I’m yet to get a response.university of Chester is a prestigious university getting a response will be of great pleasure.thanks I hope to hear from you soon.

Hello @Wuraola wura

We would recommend getting in touch with the relevant Admissions team. I have provided the contact details for each team, depending on whether you're a home or international student, below:

Home: [email protected]
International: [email protected]

Fingers crossed you will hear from them soon! :crossedf:

Alex
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Chester for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Hey 👋
I applied for adult nursing in Jan and I haven’t heard back. I emailed the admissions office but I received the general automatic message and I haven’t heard anything since then. It’s been almost 2 months
Original post by Teee_ade
Hey 👋
I applied for adult nursing in Jan and I haven’t heard back. I emailed the admissions office but I received the general automatic message and I haven’t heard anything since then. It’s been almost 2 months

Hey there,

Just going to tag in @University of Chester to see if they can help :smile: Thanks!
Original post by Teee_ade
Hey 👋

Hi @Teee_ade :hello:

Sorry to hear that there has been a delay in our admissions team coming back to you! We'd recommend emailing our Health and Social Care admissions team via [email protected]. Please come back to us if you haven't received a reply in a week or two.

Becky

Latest

Trending

Trending