The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They should do what makes them feel comfortable and happy, I wouldn't appreciate a guy telling me that I SHOULD get a brazilian - it's my body. Personally I prefer hairy men, men with no hair seem a bit girly to me. If it ever got to the stage of a relationship where a man's hairyness was bothering you to the point you no longer found him attractive then it's obviously not meant to be.
No... it's just like.. the way they are :p:
Reply 22
Beige_Angel
It should be trimmed... there's nothing more disgusting than seeing guy with hairy legs walking around in shorts...ugh and I can't imagine having to feel that against my skin... ack
it would be the equivolent of kissing a man with 3 day old stubble :s-smilie:

It's actually going to be pricklier if it's trimmed regularly because of the way the hair is cut, if hair is left untouched it's likely to be softer.
Reply 23
No, men shouldn't shave their legs! Chest and armpits though..That's a different matter!
Reply 24
Hell no!!!...men are meant to be hairy.mmmmmmm love it :biggrin:
CTurbinado
Sould a really hairy guy shave, trim or just leave his leg hairs alone?

Why? To satisfy you? Men are generally hairy creatures, get over it.
Reply 26
hahahaha you expect guys to trim leg hair?!!!!! please tell me you're kidding

hairy men ftw
Noo! Please.
My boyfriend's pretty much hairless apart from his head and legs. I love it :biggrin:

The only body hair I really hate is chest and back. That scares me a bit :frown:
No! It's sexy.
Reply 30
Nooo! Hairy men are gooood! :biggrin:
Reply 31
I'm quite hairy on my legs, lower arm, a bit on my stomach area and chest. But have no hair on my back or growing on shoulders, upper arm that sort of stuff thank God. But since I'm quite tanned, it kind of camouflages it lol. So for those who are hairy and aren't naturally tanned, perhaps a better solution would be to get a suntan. And sometimes when you're on holiday in a warm climate, the water will bleach the hair. (I've noticed that several times).

I also used to swim quite a bit before, so I tried shaving/trimming the hair, tried many methods and I don't particularly like hair either. But thing is, it just gets worse if you try that, as the hair becomes uneven when it grows back and more coarse. So best thing would be to either leave it or have it removed permanently and no guy (unless unemployed and sits on their arse all day has time to shave every other day or even once/twice a week... :\

I can see where some girls are coming from though, I don't like hair either, but that's just something many guys can't change and why should they (unless of course it's covering 70% of their body, but that's a more extreme scenario)?
Reply 32
we already have to shave our faces. no time for legs tbh
Gosh no. I love my bloke being hairy.

And I want to kill whoever posted that spider.
Reply 34
Men should think themselves lucky that they don't need to bother with shaving their leg hairs/underarms/pubes etc. :p: Leave it alone! Don't touch it! In fact, I, like a lot of girls, like men to have some hair on their bodies. You shave your face- that's enough! Honestly, you do not want the hassle of hair removal. Take it from a girl (aka, experts in hair removal) :p:
LMAO crikey.

My boyf has pretty hairy legs but i like it.
If he trimmed them i would totally laugh in his face.
Reply 36
9mm
I can see where some girls are coming from though, I don't like hair either, but that's just something many guys can't change and why should they (unless of course it's covering 70% of their body, but that's a more extreme scenario)?

Well ... technically they can change it. After all, women naturally have hair on their legs and they basically have to shave it in order to be considered acceptable. Presumably if you have a "why should they have to?" attitude about men removing their bodily hair, you wouldn't mind if your girlfriend didn't shave.

OP, I don't know any girls who expect or even want their men to shave their leg hair. Don't bother.
Reply 37
Jelkin
Well ... technically they can change it. After all, women naturally have hair on their legs and they basically have to shave it in order to be considered acceptable. Presumably if you have a "why should they have to?" attitude about men removing their bodily hair, you wouldn't mind if your girlfriend didn't shave.

OP, I don't know any girls who expect or even want their men to shave their leg hair. Don't bother.

Yes, but girls don't have to shave their goddamn beard every day now do they? And girls normally start waxing themselves as soon as the little strands of hair emerge, so they get accustomed to the principle and the hair doesn't grow back as fast after some time so you don't have to wax as regularly. This would be completely different for a guy in his late teens or 20s to start removing hair...And mistake me if I'm wrong, but I don't think (most girls) grow chest and back hair and belly hair? So imagine having to shave or trim everything as well as shaving facial hair on a regular basis. You see, it is slightly different...

Oh and another thing you forget is that some guys might like hairy girls... :ninja:
Reply 38
9mm
Yes, but girls don't have to shave their goddamn beard every day now do they? And girls normally start waxing themselves as soon as the little strands of hair emerge, so they get accustomed to the principle and the hair doesn't grow back as fast after some time so you don't have to wax as regularly. This would be completely different for a guy in his late teens or 20s to start removing hair...And mistake me if I'm wrong, but I don't think (most girls) grow chest and back hair and belly hair? So imagine having to shave or trim everything as well as shaving facial hair on a regular basis. You see, it is slightly different...

Oh and another thing you forget is that some guys might like hairy girls... :ninja:

Men don't have to shave. They would not be considered disgusting if they had beards, whereas girls with leg hair are derided by most people in the UK. Having said that, your point about stomach and chest and back hair was very valid. I don't actually think men should have to shave, but it bugs me that women do. I shave every time I have a shower because it doesn't take long to get stubbly.
Reply 39
If you play a lot of field hockey and wear high socks a lot, for several years, your hair will rub off just like that (but perhaps mythbusters can put it to the test).

Have you tried waxing instead, you shouldn't have to shave every day...

Latest