The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i applied on the 7th oct.. and still haven't got an acknowlegdement from king's. I heard kings usually don't send acknowledgement's out.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I'm went through the English application process but this probably applies to maths too...

I did get an acknowledgement eventually but it took a long time, I think it was after Christmas. Also they were still giving out offers in March so basically sit tight and stop worrying because you're probably in for a long wait.
Reply 3
Great
Reply 4
i applied on the 9th oct.. and still haven't got an acknowlegdement from king's too.
Reply 5
i applied 3 weeks ago. no acknowledgement.
Reply 6
i applied like a month ago - no acknowledgment although i dont think Kings send out acknowledgments. i may be wrong though.
Reply 7
KP123
i applied like a month ago - no acknowledgment although i dont think Kings send out acknowledgments. i may be wrong though.

i didn't get acknowledgement
Reply 8
Applied in October, got an ABB offer for Maths in early december
Reply 9
dylan.liew
Applied in October, got an ABB offer for Maths in early december

do you have further ha?:smile:
congratulations :P
Reply 10
Yeah I took FMaths
Reply 11
I just got an offer for Maths with management and finance on condition i get AAA!
i dont know whether this is even acheiveable and are more likely to get AAB, which are also my predicted grades
Do you know how leniant they are with letting people in on the course anyway?
Reply 12
be_annqt
I just got an offer for Maths with management and finance on condition i get AAA!
i dont know whether this is even acheiveable and are more likely to get AAB, which are also my predicted grades
Do you know how leniant they are with letting people in on the course anyway?

I got an offer for that course also. I got an AAB offer and i dont do further maths and i only do 3 subjects! i guess i was lucky 8-)
good luck though! i dont know what to put as first choice now though. manchester or kings!
Reply 13
KP123
I got an offer for that course also. I got an AAB offer and i dont do further maths and i only do 3 subjects! i guess i was lucky 8-)
good luck though! i dont know what to put as first choice now though. manchester or kings!

so lucky ..... i do 2 subjects and i have already one A in P.Maths. I dont have f.maths but they ask me in my statistics and accounting to get A.
Reply 14
matheo!
so lucky ..... i do 2 subjects and i have already one A in P.Maths. I dont have f.maths but they ask me in my statistics and accounting to get A.

Doesn't it work out the same then. We both need AA (as you only do subjects) but i need an additional B. Although i have no idea what statistics and accounting is 8-)
Has anyone applying for Maths or Maths with Management & Finance got an acknowledgement as i sent my application of a month and a half ago and nothing so far :frown:
Reply 16
i got no aknowledgement, but an offer last week and mine was sent of 1.dec! be patient... it will come!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 17
be_annqt
i got no aknowledgement, but an offer last week and mine was sent of 1.dec! be patient... it will come!!!!!!!!!!

would kings be your first choice. It doesnt have a very good maths department according to rankings! but its the name that is telling me to put it down as first choice :smile:
yes exactly my next question in the career world how would a maths degree from Kings be ranked amongst others i.e. top 15 unis
Reply 19
darrenvencatsawmy
yes exactly my next question in the career world how would a maths degree from Kings be ranked amongst others i.e. top 15 unis

Personally I'm debating between Kings and Manchester. Notts are asking for AAA and i dont think I'll get that whereas the other 2 AAB.
So both unis have amazing reputations but Kings I think moreso due to its international recognition and rank in the UK / World. I think if you came out with a degree from either university it would be respected however Manchester have a huge employment percentage after for postgraduates I think.
I'm a Londoner so going Kings would mean the same thing in terms of life. I'm not sure at all really. Even though 47th for maths is pretty bad lol its like top 10 easily in the country as a university and the difference between points of the lower universities on the rankings are extremely marginal :|

Latest