The Student Room Group

What should be done first: take driving lessons or taking the theory test?

What should be done first: take driving lessons or take the theory test to learn how to drive?
Thanks
Practical lessons. There’s a huge backlog on practical tests so there’s no point in getting the clock ticking on your theory test expiring whilst you are still learning.
Reply 2
Hey :smile: personally I’d say doing ur theory test before or at least early on while taking driving lessons is the best way to go because obviously the theory behind driving like road signs and road markings are used all the time when driving so being able to recognise these will help you when learning a lot. I did my theory a couple weeks in so I had had probably about 4 lessons up to that point but started learning my theory pretty much 1 or 2 lessons in. If u’d rather do one at a time then definitely do the theory first it’s way more useful that way. Obviously if ur concerned you’re not gonna be ready to take ur test within the two years you have then leave the theory but otherwise just go for it it’s better to get it over and done with to focus on learning. Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending