The Student Room Group

a level english lit nea

waffle incoming: this is gonna sound so silly but when it comes to my coursework (i do aqa lit a) how sophisticated (???) or respected i guess you’d say does the book i use need to be? my sixth form does the picture of dorian gray compared with a post 1900 book. im still in year 12 but im just thinking ahead, say a book like the virgin suicides (obsession with youthful beauty??) or even something like twilight (stupid, ridicululous, ik but like obsession with the idea of immortality??) just overall i guess how respected/wise of a book do i need to pick, or is it just regarding the strength of the themes within
Original post by lillygolota
waffle incoming: this is gonna sound so silly but when it comes to my coursework (i do aqa lit a) how sophisticated (???) or respected i guess you’d say does the book i use need to be? my sixth form does the picture of dorian gray compared with a post 1900 book. im still in year 12 but im just thinking ahead, say a book like the virgin suicides (obsession with youthful beauty??) or even something like twilight (stupid, ridicululous, ik but like obsession with the idea of immortality??) just overall i guess how respected/wise of a book do i need to pick, or is it just regarding the strength of the themes within

hi there, i'm a year thirteen student for english lit! when i did my coursework this year we were strongly advised away from children's or YA literature because it's difficult to find critics for these (as coursework marks on all five of the AOs :smile:) :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by aaaaaaaaaa2006
hi there, i'm a year thirteen student for english lit! when i did my coursework this year we were strongly advised away from children's or YA literature because it's difficult to find critics for these (as coursework marks on all five of the AOs :smile:) :smile:

thank u!!! how do you go about finding critics aswell? like googlescholar essays or is there a certain place to find them?
Original post by lillygolota
thank u!!! how do you go about finding critics aswell? like googlescholar essays or is there a certain place to find them?

i used jstor 🙂 but i don’t think it matters

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending