The Student Room Group

IBM Futures Scheme 2022

Haven’t seen a thread for this, I’ve applied for the technology scheme and sent off my application form, has anyone had replies yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by annasphbrt
Haven’t seen a thread for this, I’ve applied for the technology scheme and sent off my application form, has anyone had replies yet?

Just registered for the exploration session!
Just registered for the exploration session!

Hiya, I’ve recently passed the manager review, they said I will have an assessment centre in January, have you had this yet?
Reply 3
Original post by willpayne235
Hiya, I’ve recently passed the manager review, they said I will have an assessment centre in January, have you had this yet?

Hi! I think I was in the first batch then maybe, my assessment centre was last week and I passed :smile: good luck with yours!
Well done! That’s great! Did you have to prepare a presentation? They said we do, but they said they will tell us what it should be on nearer the time?
Hi! I think I was in the first batch then maybe, my assessment centre was last week and I passed :smile: good luck with yours!

Well done! That’s great! Did you have to prepare a presentation? They said we do, but they said they will tell us what it should be on nearer the time?
Reply 7
Original post by willpayne235

Yes I had to make a presentation (you get enough time & criteria before to do that dw), present it to an assessor (mine was really nice and helped calm my nerves a lot :smile:) then have a follow up interview about it (practice competency questions! also they will probably ask about your admission form), and a group task with some of the other applicants on the AC day. I’m in matching now, hoping I get an offer!
Is it possible you could give a few suggestions on what things you put on the PowerPoint in terms of what made you unique because of lockdown everything I used to do was stopped that's why?
Reply 9
Hi, has anyone else heard anything from IBM? has the january AC happened yet?
Hi, has anyone else heard anything from IBM? has the january AC happened yet?

Lmao it's today 😭 or through out the month
Reply 11
Original post by randomhuman123
Lmao it's today 😭 or through out the month

omg good luck!
Hi everyone :smile:I registered my interest for the IBM Futures 12 month Placement scheme around a week ago. I haven't received any email back. Are they still taking in applications or have I missed the deadline? Thanks in advance
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by KevinIRoman
Hi everyone :smile:I registered my interest for the IBM Futures 12 month Placement scheme around a week ago. I haven't received any email back. Are they still taking in applications or have I missed the deadline? Thanks in advance

I’m not sure sorry, I registered my interest back in september and they emailed as soon as applications opened so?

That don't mean you applied you just get notified if it opens up
Original post by randomhuman123
That don't mean you applied you just get notified if it opens up

Oh, so I'm too late 😔. I wish I found out about this ibm futures scheme earlier. Thank you for the help.
Reply 16
I think you might still have time to apply for the business gap year scheme? not for tech or design roles though, but still good experience!
I think you might still have time to apply for the business gap year scheme? not for tech or design roles though, but still good experience!

Thank you. I received an email today from them stating the same thing. Do you know what exactly you do in the business gap year scheme, as I'm not too sure what it entails? Also, do you need to attach a CV when applying for the futures scheme, as it states it will reopen only on 11th Feb, so I'm not too sure if I'll need a cv ready for then? If anyone can help with these questions. Thanks
Reply 18
Thank you. I received an email today from them stating the same thing. Do you know what exactly you do in the business gap year scheme, as I'm not too sure what it entails? Also, do you need to attach a CV when applying for the futures scheme, as it states it will reopen only on 11th Feb, so I'm not too sure if I'll need a cv ready for then? If anyone can help with these questions. Thanks

Yes, I would make a CV ready - they checked this just to make sure i fit the basic credentials (A Levels and haven’t been to uni yet) and then sent the cognitive game test & more detailed admission form. The scheme is quite vague in terms of promising any specific roles. In the AC talking to some of the current futures employees they were saying it was more of an internship role - so you’ll probably be placed with any business-related department that could use an intern if you see what I mean? Good luck :smile:
Yes, I would make a CV ready - they checked this just to make sure i fit the basic credentials (A Levels and haven’t been to uni yet) and then sent the cognitive game test & more detailed admission form. The scheme is quite vague in terms of promising any specific roles. In the AC talking to some of the current futures employees they were saying it was more of an internship role - so you’ll probably be placed with any business-related department that could use an intern if you see what I mean? Good luck :smile:

Oh I see, thank you very much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending