The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Your teachers work hard, know I've been up some days til 1am marking work for pupils. You'll end up on benefit's, at your age you should be focusing on studies not a social life, you opted to do further eudcation, you weren't forced, get you act together. You wonder why the world is this way, when you have people like the person who started this thread. Had someone in a PSHE tell me, they wanted to sit in a chair and watch tv all day and be on benefits.
Reply 61
Someone in my classes was the same. He missed about half of his classes if they started in the morning and suprise, suprise he failed and didn't go to uni. I doubt he got good references either. I suggest you get a very loud alarm clock.
Fight The Machineeee!!!!
maaaaan everyone needs to chill out, holy ****.
Reply 64
I Wanna Be Adored
Start turning up! I know you don't wanna do the course that they've made you do, but if you don't turn up then surely you don't have much of an argument. Get your head down, get some work done and prove to them that you're more than capable of doing A-Level. Failing that, get a job for the rest of the year and start again in September. If you go to a new college, explain where you went wrong at your old one and show that you're determined to change/willing to change, then should have a chance of getting where you want to be. Sometimes things just aren't so simple...

Good luck nonetheless.

This.
CatexW think you mean a VERY LOUD alarm clock. lol! seriously though, if you improved your attitude and was on time, even in the morning, you could do well, and no doubt anyone could do well if they tried.
Sarahl89
I got BDE at AS level.. would you think me unsuitable for A2s and university?

Just for your interest, they turned into AAC at A2 and im now at Exeter doing a biology degree - you aren't even out of your Alevels yet and clearly don't know what you're talking about.

---------------
And OP?
trolllllllllll. Even i manage to drag myself out of bed when i have to.

Out of interest, what changed between Y12 and Y13? (If you don't mind sharing :smile:)
Reply 67
Phantom Phoenix
Out of interest, what changed between Y12 and Y13? (If you don't mind sharing :smile:)

I pulled my finger out and realised if i didnt pass my alevels i wouldnt get into a good uni & would be stuck at home for at least another year.
Sarahl89
I pulled my finger out and realised if i didnt pass my alevels i wouldnt get into a good uni & would be stuck at home for at least another year.

Good on you :smile:
Phantom Phoenix
Good on you :smile:

ditto.

everyone can do it if they try, you just need to try and buck your ideas up.
Reply 70
There isn't anything wrong in particular with CDDD - i know people with a lot worse - the point is that they improved - or teacher saw their potential to improve. It was obviously aparant to the teachers that CDDD were going to turn in UUUU when the work becomes twice as hard at A2 - and no school wants a pupil like that on their records.
nellied
There isn't anything wrong in particular with CDDD - i know people with a lot worse - the point is that they improved - or teacher saw their potential to improve. It was obviously aparant to the teachers that CDDD were going to turn in UUUU when the work becomes twice as hard at A2 - and no school wants a pupil like that on their records.

they don't, yet they want all pupils to do thier best and for the pupils to do it the best of thier ability, which the girl who started this thread, seems not to be doing.
Reply 72
I got CDDE at AS level, and ABB at A level - something just clicked in the second year! ..and also, the IT course was dragging me down. I was no good at it and it consumed far too much time.
vidachick
It's easy for everyone to say get up earlier, but I go out most nights with my boyfriend and lose track of time. The bus service is a bit pants as well, so even when I'm late the next one is late and so I end up going into college 3 hours late after I go to Greggs on the way in.

Um...stop going out most nights. If you can't handle 9am starts at college I'm afraid to tell you to forget about uni - if you're going out most nights at college (if you still live with your parents) then you'll probably go out every night at uni. I don't see you being able to cope with getting up for lectures if they're in the morning. You can't really complain about getting kicked out of college if you're not putting the effort in.

My advice: turn things around and start sorting yourself out. You're going to get nowhere if you carry on going out "most" nights and can't be bothered getting up in the morning. It might sound harsh, but if you want to live the "uni life" you'll have to commit yourself to learning and not just going out, especially if you/your parents are paying the tuition fees.
my husband was in a very similar situation to you, and he turned his life around, and he's earning 6 figure salary becuase he turned it around and managed to get into uni.
Sarahl89
I got BDE at AS level.. would you think me unsuitable for A2s and university?

Just for your interest, they turned into AAC at A2 and im now at Exeter doing a biology degree - you aren't even out of your Alevels yet and clearly don't know what you're talking about.

I put it to you that you severely under-achieved at AS Level...

If you got BDE for AS Level and worked hard, etc, then yes I would of course say you were unsuitable for A2 Level and university - who wouldn't? :rolleyes:
Reply 76
Speedbird2008
I put it to you that you severely under-achieved at AS Level...

If you got BDE for AS Level and worked hard, etc, then yes I would of course say you were unsuitable for A2 Level and university - who wouldn't? :rolleyes:

Actually i did work in the first year too & natural ability at the subjects would've prevented me from getting those grades.. i worked damn hard in the second year & anyone who managed to put the work in & had enough determination would be quite capable of passing IMO.
im getting kicked out of college tomorrow and i regeting it now dont quit

Latest

Trending

Trending