The Student Room Group

2 weeks to revise for mocks

my mocks start on the 3rd of December, i have already started revising and i covered all of english language and im going to finish my math within the next 3 days. Is it possible to revise and still get at least a grade 6 in everything?
Original post by itzslashy
my mocks start on the 3rd of December, i have already started revising and i covered all of english language and im going to finish my math within the next 3 days. Is it possible to revise and still get at least a grade 6 in everything?

Maybe.

1. How are you revising English Language currently?
2. How much of the Mathematics specification do you have left to cover?
3. How are you revising for Mathematics?
4. What grade are you currently working at in both subjects?
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
Maybe.

1. How are you revising English Language currently?
2. How much of the Mathematics specification do you have left to cover?
3. How are you revising for Mathematics?
4. What grade are you currently working at in both subjects?

1.) i compile information from youtube videos and put it in a revision booklet that covers everything, in my english class right now we are doing practice questions for each question and i am currently getting near top marks.
2.) I'm covering it in years, i finished year 9 gcse math yesterday, i started year 10 gcse math today and i covered 1/4 of the subjects, we only have like 4 topics in year 11 but they are all grade 9 stuff.
3.) I find specific subjects in the textbook, read them, if i understand them then i move onto the questions, if i dont i watch videos by a youtuber called "maths tutor". Im planning on doing past papers but i dont know when to fit them in.
4.) a 6 in english language, 4 in lit, math i got a 5 but i need it for a level.
1.) i compile information from youtube videos and put it in a revision booklet that covers everything, in my english class right now we are doing practice questions for each question and i am currently getting near top marks.
2.) I'm covering it in years, i finished year 9 gcse math yesterday, i started year 10 gcse math today and i covered 1/4 of the subjects, we only have like 4 topics in year 11 but they are all grade 9 stuff.
3.) I find specific subjects in the textbook, read them, if i understand them then i move onto the questions, if i dont i watch videos by a youtuber called "maths tutor". Im planning on doing past papers but i dont know when to fit them in.
4.) a 6 in english language, 4 in lit, math i got a 5 but i need it for a level.

Your technique seems fine but I suggest moving on to past paper questions if you feel confident with the content. Questions are the best revision tool, in my opinion, especially for English Language and Mathematics. 👍🏼

Good luck with your mocks. I hope that you get the grades that you want! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
Your technique seems fine but I suggest moving on to past paper questions if you feel confident with the content. Questions are the best revision tool, in my opinion, especially for English Language and Mathematics. 👍🏼

Good luck with your mocks. I hope that you get the grades that you want! :smile:

I took your advice and it has been working well so far today, I realised that my revision methods were way too slow and I was ineffective with the questions since I wanted to cover all the content, so now what I’m doing is I watched a 2 hour math summery video (part 1) and I noted down all the topics I didn’t understand, I then individually found out how to do each topic and practice questions and I’m good at all of them now. I will try to watch the second part of the video that is 3 hours long and then I will do some past papers. Thank you for the help.
I took your advice and it has been working well so far today, I realised that my revision methods were way too slow and I was ineffective with the questions since I wanted to cover all the content, so now what I’m doing is I watched a 2 hour math summery video (part 1) and I noted down all the topics I didn’t understand, I then individually found out how to do each topic and practice questions and I’m good at all of them now. I will try to watch the second part of the video that is 3 hours long and then I will do some past papers. Thank you for the help.

Glad to hear that it’s working!
Reply 6

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest