The Student Room Group

Choosing a distance learning course: NEC or Oxbridge?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to do an A Level in Classical Civilisation and I live abroad in Spain. This is to sort of dip my toes back in and see if I'd like to do a university course in the future. I'm working full time at the moment so would do the other A Levels in the future.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with distance learning courses or any recommendations?

I've been looking at the Classical Civilisation courses with National Extension College and Oxbridge (I heard Oxbridge use the same material as NEC). I've read both great and pretty worrying reviews (as with most things). I was also wondering if anyone has tried just getting materials and studying without a course? It might be tougher considering I'm working full-time and I'd hate to be underprepared but wouldn't want to throw 700 quid at something not worth it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Patrick
Hi, sorry you didn't receive any replies, a couple of replies would've also been useful to me too. I see this was posted 1 year ago; Can I ask which option you chose? I am currently in this predicament and am struggling to choose an online learning service because of all the mixed reviews. No worries if this doesn't find you or you simply don't feel like answering but your help would be much appreciated,
August

Latest

Trending

Trending