The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil in Economics at Oxford 2022

Scroll to see replies

I also just got my official MPhil Econ offer. Do any of you know if there's a FB-group for offer holders/should we make one?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Congratulations to all! I also received my official offer today.
I haven’t seen a FB group yet as I think all offers are very recent but we could definitely make one!
Has anyone heard news on funding or college placement (especially Nuffield)?
Let's make one! And I didn't get any funding information in my offer letter
Does anyone know when the decisions for the combined Mphil+Dphil will be out?
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know when the decisions for the combined Mphil+Dphil will be out?

Call them up. They will tell you the results on phone. I called them up. They asked me if I’d want to hear the results on phone. I said no, I’ll wait for the letter.
Original post by dks_1995
Call them up. They will tell you the results on phone. I called them up. They asked me if I’d want to hear the results on phone. I said no, I’ll wait for the letter.

Does that also apply to the March deadline? Also, my doc upload button is still there
Has anyone heard anything about scholarships? At the MPhil offer holder event Sanjay just said that if we haven’t heard anything yet, we should not expect to receive anything. This seems very odd to me considering noone received official offers until the past few days, and I haven’t seen anyone post about receiving funding…
Does that also apply to the March deadline? Also, my doc upload button is still there

Only Jan deadline ? Did you apply for March deadline ?

Okay thanks for info! Did they say when they’ll send out the letters?
Okay thanks for info! Did they say when they’ll send out the letters?

They said by middle of this week. And when he said that he could tell me my results over the phone, I assumed that the official letters would be sent out ASAP, thats why I didn’t feel the need to ask. Anyway, let me know if they told you your results over the phone or not. And have you heard anyone who applied for MPhil-DPhil that have been redirected to MPhil stand-alone ?
They said by middle of this week. And when he said that he could tell me my results over the phone, I assumed that the official letters would be sent out ASAP, thats why I didn’t feel the need to ask. Anyway, let me know if they told you your results over the phone or not. And have you heard anyone who applied for MPhil-DPhil that have been redirected to MPhil stand-alone ?

Fair enough thanks! I think I’ll wait for the letter as well, don’t know how well I’ll handle rejection over the phone haha. I saw one redirected on gradcafe which was sent out on the 18th. Guess it’s either acceptance to the integrated or rejection to both standalone and integrated programmes for us then
Fair enough thanks! I think I’ll wait for the letter as well, don’t know how well I’ll handle rejection over the phone haha. I saw one redirected on gradcafe which was sent out on the 18th. Guess it’s either acceptance to the integrated or rejection to both standalone and integrated programmes for us then

Do you mind sharing your profile (on dm if possible ?)
Only Jan deadline ? Did you apply for March deadline ?

Cheers mate! Yes, I did for the March deadline.
Original post by bexcookie
Has anyone heard anything about scholarships? At the MPhil offer holder event Sanjay just said that if we haven’t heard anything yet, we should not expect to receive anything. This seems very odd to me considering noone received official offers until the past few days, and I haven’t seen anyone post about receiving funding…

I was wondering the same as I also did not hear anything by now. Also, I did apply for Nuffield. Does anybody know whether it is an implicit rejection when there is no mention of the college in the official offer letter? Seems like in the past years it was directly mentioned in the offer letters that i.e. Nuffield would fund the studies of accepted students.
Seems like there's quite a few of us who applied for the combined MPhil+DPhil and still haven't heard back... Does anyone happens to know how many people were admitted to this track last year? I think there's like five or six of them listed in EconPeople... I know not all the grad students are included there, but still I am wondering about the number (hopefully 20ish?)

Good luck to you all!
Seems like there's quite a few of us who applied for the combined MPhil+DPhil and still haven't heard back... Does anyone happens to know how many people were admitted to this track last year? I think there's like five or six of them listed in EconPeople... I know not all the grad students are included there, but still I am wondering about the number (hopefully 20ish?)

Good luck to you all!

From last year's thread, it is about a dozen...
From last year's thread, it is about a dozen...

Thanks! It's amazing seeing how supportive you all here are. How nice would it be to get the chance to meet and study together.
A quick update: from the open-day today, Sanjay said that MPhil-DPhil applicants who were redirected and accepted to the MPhil already received an email informing them of their acceptance. So I'm guessing people who still haven't heard back are either accepted or rejected completely - I hope that helps some people who are still waiting :smile:
Original post by juliaaaj
A quick update: from the open-day today, Sanjay said that MPhil-DPhil applicants who were redirected and accepted to the MPhil already received an email informing them of their acceptance. So I'm guessing people who still haven't heard back are either accepted or rejected completely - I hope that helps some people who are still waiting :smile:

May I ask whether all the acceptance letters have been sent out for those who apply to Mphil standalone?
Reply 59
Original post by juliaaaj

In other words, the ones who have not heard back have been rejected. That’s ok. Congrats to everyone who got in, I hope you have a blast!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending