The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil in Economics at Oxford 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asdkjl213
In other words, the ones who have not heard back have been rejected. That’s ok. Congrats to everyone who got in, I hope you have a blast!

Have you heard of anyone receiving an offer? Here and in Grad cafe everyone who said they applied for MPhil-DPhil mentions not hearing back from the department. Sure thing not all who applied are commenting but at this point I'm just wondering if there's anyone who received any official news regarding this course. Seems to me we're all still waiting with all our buttons there.
Also what about DPhil in Economics? Any decisions made yet?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous
Have you heard of anyone receiving an offer? Here and in Grad cafe everyone who said they applied for MPhil-DPhil mentions not hearing back from the department. Sure thing not all who applied are commenting but at this point I'm just wondering if there's anyone who received any official news regarding this course. Seems to me we're all still waiting with all our buttons there.
Also what about DPhil in Economics? Any decisions made yet?

Someone on Gradcafe has received an offer for the Mphil+Dphil yesterday...so hopes down...
:frown: ... thanks for the info
Original post by dks_1995
Call them up. They will tell you the results on phone. I called them up. They asked me if I’d want to hear the results on phone. I said no, I’ll wait for the letter.

Could you share the number they picked up? I tried +44 1865-271089 as well as -281292 and -281286 extension and no one is picking
+44 1865281290
Keep trying. They’ll pick up.
Original post by dks_1995
+44 1865281290
Keep trying. They’ll pick up.

Thanks! If you don't mind asking, what's your status at this point (still waiting or...)?
Waiting. But it’s going to be a rejection !
Could you share the number they picked up? I tried +44 1865-271089 as well as -281292 and -281286 extension and no one is picking

Did you manage to get in touch with them? No one is answering at the moment...
Did you manage to get in touch with them? No one is answering at the moment...

Nope. I tried like 16 times and each time it's either busy or ringing until the machine answers
Looks like we are not going to hear by this week, can’t reach through phone either, this is disappointing,
Nope. I tried like 16 times and each time it's either busy or ringing until the machine answers

Follow up: I reached Admissions Office. They said decisions for the MPhil+DPhil were sent out on Friday, so we should expect to receive it soon. They also offered to share the decision on phone. As they could not find me using my last name, they suggested emailing my personal details so they could get back to me.
my upload button disappeared, so should hear soon. Expecting rejection as haven’t received any informal offer like others.
my upload button disappeared, so should hear soon. Expecting rejection as haven’t received any informal offer like others.

My button was active before I contacted them and now it's gone. Seems like I'm just speeding up the rejection :biggrin: . Haven't received any informal offer either.
Just called them, as don’t want to any longer. They said official decisions for the integrated programme will be out this Wednesday. It’s a rejection for me as expected, unfortunately. Good luck for the rest of you!
Just called them, as don’t want to any longer. They said official decisions for the integrated programme will be out this Wednesday. It’s a rejection for me as expected, unfortunately. Good luck for the rest of you!

Sorry to hear that. Hope you already hold an offer from another school or you get one.
Reply 75
Does anyone know when the result for March deadline will be released?
Are people still waiting for the MPhil+DPhil?
Original post by LetThereBeQE
Just the MPhil. :smile:

hey, congrats on your offer!! wishing you all the best :smile: I’m a second year econ undergrad hoping to apply to Oxford next year, I have 2 quick questions. did you do a GRE? and what was your % average uni grade when you sent in your application? thank you!
Original post by juliaaaj
I got my official offer today for the MPhil Economics! (At 8AM EST)

hey, congrats on your offer!! wishing you all the best too :smile: I’m a second year econ undergrad hoping to apply to Oxford next year, I had 2 quick questions. did you do a GRE? and what was your % average uni grade when you sent in your application? thank you! (sorryy I know that this isn’t quite relevant to everyone on this thread)
hey, congrats on your offer as well! wishing you all the best :smile: 2 quick questions. did you do a GRE? and what was your % average uni grade when you sent in your application? thank you! (again, sorryy for inconvenience to all others)

feel free to pm :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending