University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
watching films, reading books, writing essays, that's all, i just guess~
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Are you planning to do middle eastern studies?

And also, what are the career and job prospects?

It's a genuine interest of mine and i'm leaning towards it, my heart says to do this but my brain says to do something that will earn me more money as a career.
I applied to Leeds for Arabic, got an offer, but declined it in the end. I was a little put off by the Arabic department being a corridor and a room (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) which they appeared to share with the Russian dept. I have a friend there, who is in Cairo on his second year at the moment, and I've only heard good things from him about it. In the end, I decided it was Exeter or nothing, so that's the only offer I confirmed. Missed the grades just, but luckily they gave me the place anyway. I start 09, and I can't wait!

Career prospects for me? After I finish uni, I'm applying for a commission with either the Int Corps, the Paras, or my current regiment.
Reply 4
FiveFiveSix
I applied to Leeds for Arabic, got an offer, but declined it in the end. I was a little put off by the Arabic department being a corridor and a room (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) which they appeared to share with the Russian dept. I have a friend there, who is in Cairo on his second year at the moment, and I've only heard good things from him about it. In the end, I decided it was Exeter or nothing, so that's the only offer I confirmed. Missed the grades just, but luckily they gave me the place anyway. I start 09, and I can't wait!

Career prospects for me? After I finish uni, I'm applying for a commission with either the Int Corps, the Paras, or my current regiment.

I'm going to Leeds to do Spanish and Arabic but I didn't look round the departments.. oh dear lol. I LOVE LOVED LOVED Exeter's Arabic/Middle Eastern building thaaang, it's so pretty, but I was so put off by the lecturers. On the open day they did mini lecture type things (dunno if you had this too), but it was really boring and one of them keeeeept on saying "umm" all the time, it got so so annoying, I figured he was just nervous lol, but still.. I preferred Leeds as a city, and the uni is massive, and I just got a better vibe from it I guess.

I wanna join MI5 man!!
rakata
I'm going to Leeds to do Spanish and Arabic but I didn't look round the departments.. oh dear lol. I LOVE LOVED LOVED Exeter's Arabic/Middle Eastern building thaaang, it's so pretty, but I was so put off by the lecturers. On the open day they did mini lecture type things (dunno if you had this too), but it was really boring and one of them keeeeept on saying "umm" all the time, it got so so annoying, I figured he was just nervous lol, but still.. I preferred Leeds as a city, and the uni is massive, and I just got a better vibe from it I guess.

I wanna join MI5 man!!

Yeah, fair one. I just fell in love with Exeter, and the programme itself is pretty impressive too.

MI5? Hmm, be careful about shouting that one about... Besides, Six is where it's at, shame you can't apply until you're 21 though.
Reply 6
Anyone else?
Just got unsuccessful from Leeds.. :s-smilie: after they gave me to write an essay on the topic i was given..damn it..
Reply 8
She_Bittersweet
Just got unsuccessful from Leeds.. :s-smilie: after they gave me to write an essay on the topic i was given..damn it..

What did they ask you to write about?
They gave me 6 topics .One was Arab-Isreali conflict,then globalisation and the Middle East and few more.i chose 'Women in the Middle East'. and got such a response.Found it quite odd,that they asked me to write essay,usually Leeds doesnt do that,does it?

Latest