The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wow this thread is finally done, record for longest thread in terms of time from 1st to last post?
Original post by Princepieman
Neither tend to supply a lot of grads into FO.. I'd probably just choose whichever you prefer - although personally, I feel Manchester has a better overall brand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

really

from what i heard manchester is a semi target and newcastle isn't.
Original post by cabdila
really

from what i heard manchester is a semi target and newcastle isn't.

Yeah, it is.. But the numbers vs Notts/Durham/Bristol aren't 'firmly' in the semi-target range. Still a good reason to go for it I guess as banks do sponsor their finance/investment society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How attractive do you think investment banks find Bsc Management at LSE? Do you think the fact that it's management, rather than economics will deter them?
Original post by hannahk4y
How attractive do you think investment banks find Bsc Management at LSE? Do you think the fact that it's management, rather than economics will deter them?

The number of times this has been covered on TSR is stupid.. It does not matter what course you do, especially at LSE
Original post by Daniel9998
The number of times this has been covered on TSR is stupid.. It does not matter what course you do, especially at LSE

You feel the pain, respect dude!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol awkward sorry
Original post by hannahk4y
lol awkward sorry

No biggie :smile: Being at LSE, whether you are doing the right course or not should be the last thing to worry about when applying for IB
Reply 9988
I'm fully aware that the course that you do at university has very little relevance when applying to investment banks and big 4 firms so I'm not worried about that, however which out of Birmingham and Sheffield uni will put me in a better position when applying (this may make it a lot easier for me to pick a from choice haha) ?
Original post by Runn3r
I'm fully aware that the course that you do at university has very little relevance when applying to investment banks and big 4 firms so I'm not worried about that, however which out of Birmingham and Sheffield uni will put me in a better position when applying (this may make it a lot easier for me to pick a from choice haha) ?

Birmingham
Original post by Runn3r

brum, statistically speaking
Original post by Runn3r

What course
Reply 9992
Birmingham

Thank you ! I thought as much
Reply 9993
Original post by gr8wizard10
brum, statistically speaking

Thank you ☺️

LSE offers dumb degrees like sociology, also previously having a degree in Human resources management. So not any degree imo
Original post by member1753327
LSE offers dumb degrees like sociology, also previously having a degree in Human resources management. So not any degree imo

It IS any degree. A CV with LSE Sociology and a Goldman IBD internship isn't going to get thrown in the bin...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by member1753327

It really would not matter, LSE is a target university. If the sociology student had the knowledge and interest in IB then it wouldn't make any difference.
Original post by Runn3r

Well, it depends on whether it's a target or not.
Original post by yl95
Well, it depends on whether it's a target or not.

Not really. I know someone who did Music at Leeds and is an equity sales-trader at MS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Not really. I know someone who did Music at Leeds and is an equity sales-trader at MS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol what, this guy must of been trading on his own since day 1 out of the womb or something

Latest

Trending

Trending