The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Information Management For Business - UCL Applicants 2022

Anyone else applied for IMB at UCL (for 2022)?
If so, are you still waiting to her back or have you received an offer/reply?

Scroll to see replies

Applied but only have a 6 in maths instead of a 7. I heard this course has a good placement for IB.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Applied but only have a 6 in maths instead of a 7. I heard this course has a good placement for IB.

Have you heard back from UCL about your application?
ah I see - hopefully that doesn’t stop you from receiving an offer!!
Are you a UK student or non-?
Good placements for IB - as in international baccalaureate?
Have you heard back from UCL about your application?
ah I see - hopefully that doesn’t stop you from receiving an offer!!
Are you a UK student or non-?
Good placements for IB - as in international baccalaureate?

Haven't heard back but I got an offer for GHS. I'm a UK student an no, lol IB as in Investment Banking however, it does seem to be mostly filled with International Baccalaureate students as opposed to A-level Students - I checked this out on Linkedin.
Reply 4
Haven't heard back but I got an offer for GHS. I'm a UK student an no, lol IB as in Investment Banking however, it does seem to be mostly filled with International Baccalaureate students as opposed to A-level Students - I checked this out on Linkedin.

loool my bad.
Sorry what is GHS?
Yeah a lottt of international students at UCL like 75% apparently, especially for IMB too- even more so than UK students.
Yes that’s kinda why I picked it because the placement connections are strong, especially because it’s UCL and in London ofc. However from looking at student’s previous reviews on this course, they weren’t looking good - so I’m not sure if it’s my first choice anymore.
What grades are people applying with?
Reply 6
Applied with 38 IB Points, including 7,7,6 in HL. Waiting for decisions.
Got rejected last week, applied with 42 predicted with 777775, the 5 is in math lol thats probably why.
Reply 8

Yeah I haven’t heard back either. Hope we get in
I'm worried that I didn't write much about IT in my personal statement. When I was applying I was more focused on getting into business management degrees but now I desperately want to go into IMB. Will my chances be a lot low?
Original post by Catsoup101
Got rejected last week, applied with 42 predicted with 777775, the 5 is in math lol thats probably why.

Sorry to hear that. It's their loss. If you don't mind answering when did you apply?
I'm worried that I didn't write much about IT in my personal statement. When I was applying I was more focused on getting into business management degrees but now I desperately want to go into IMB. Will my chances be a lot low?

I did the exact same thing I focused more on the business side because I did economics but I tried to include as much as I could relating to computing and IT but we should relax and hope for the best
Reply 12
Got rejected. 38 IB 7.7.6 HL
Original post by KindMan
Got rejected. 38 IB 7.7.6 HL

Can I ask when did you get an answer
Reply 14

I have applied in December with grades AAB (B in Maths), in January my Maths grade was updated to an A. Yesterday I got a rejection. I’m an international student from Ukraine, not sure, but maybe the current situation has affected their decision on my application.
Original post by Mpeklin
I have applied in December with grades AAB (B in Maths), in January my Maths grade was updated to an A. Yesterday I got a rejection. I’m an international student from Ukraine, not sure, but maybe the current situation has affected their decision on my application.

Did they just say you're rejected without telling you a specific reason? Btw are you in Ukraine right now?? r u okay?
Reply 16
On UCAS it says that I do not meet the qualification required, they ask for AAA, what I actually have achieved, but maybe they don’t like it when it is an update rather than the initial grade on application.

I’m in the UK right now, thanks for asking.
Worried about the country and family, but hoping and praying for the best. We will go through it🇺🇦
Original post by Mpeklin
On UCAS it says that I do not meet the qualification required, they ask for AAA, what I actually have achieved, but maybe they don’t like it when it is an update rather than the initial grade on application.

Worried about the country and family, but hoping and praying for the best. We will go through it🇺🇦

Pray for Ukraine. I think you may contact UCL to explain your situation as updating you predicted grades is acceptable in many other unis
Applied in Oct. Not heard back from it. predicted 3A*+1 achievedA*. My ps did not involve much about IT, I just mentioned E commerce for several sentences and try to connect it with my other econ&management concepts
Reply 19
Original post by Mpeklin

Hey Man! Do not worry! I am from Poland and I also got rejected! Stay strong and count on us! Poles are ready to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending