The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Yes. Ignore all your lectures, seminars and tutorials from now on.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Withoutadoubt
Yes. Ignore all your lectures, seminars and tutorials from now on.

haha oh I wish
Reply 3
I don't get one :frown:
Reply 4
me neither :frown: my friend has though but she does law!
clare141189
Hey, I'm a first year Modern languages student at Leicester uni. Many of my friends at other uni's have a reading week at the moment - just wondering if I will.

You're a first year modern language student! Sorry, I've just been given an offer by Leicester for Italian and Spanish, may I ask what languages you do? And is the language dep. nice and do you enjoy Leicester in general? :smile:
Reply 6
Redpanda91
You're a first year modern language student! Sorry, I've just been given an offer by Leicester for Italian and Spanish, may I ask what languages you do? And is the language dep. nice and do you enjoy Leicester in general? :smile:

Hey, I'm actually doing modern languages with management which involves Spanish and Italian. I really like it here and the modern languages department are really nice and helpful.
What other uni. you considering?
clare141189
Hey, I'm actually doing modern languages with management which involves Spanish and Italian. I really like it here and the modern languages department are really nice and helpful.
What other uni. you considering?

Cool that's great, Spanish and Italian are the best :p: I'm considering Kent and Sussex as well, but the other two I applied to I'm not considering because they're too far/don't like them. But Leicester looks to be the favourite so far :smile:
Reply 8
Redpanda91
Cool that's great, Spanish and Italian are the best :p: I'm considering Kent and Sussex as well, but the other two I applied to I'm not considering because they're too far/don't like them. But Leicester looks to be the favourite so far :smile:

My flatmate does Italian and Spanish...the course is really small, there's about 5 people. Obviously there are people doing pure Italian and people doing pure Spanish and other language combinations, so you wont be stuck with just 4 others in your lectures :p:, but it means that it's pretty personal and you get a lot of one-to-one attention with tutors, which my friend loves.
milly.
My flatmate does Italian and Spanish...the course is really small, there's about 5 people. Obviously there are people doing pure Italian and people doing pure Spanish and other language combinations, so you wont be stuck with just 4 others in your lectures :p:, but it means that it's pretty personal and you get a lot of one-to-one attention with tutors, which my friend loves.

Oh awesome, thanks for that :smile: Yeah I heard it was small. If there were only 4 others in my lectures it would be an improvement on my class size for italian now, there are four of us :p: I'm seriously considering Leicester atm, I just need to visit once more... and visit the others once more too!
Reply 10
Redpanda91
Oh awesome, thanks for that :smile: Yeah I heard it was small. If there were only 4 others in my lectures it would be an improvement on my class size for italian now, there are four of us :p: I'm seriously considering Leicester atm, I just need to visit once more... and visit the others once more too!

You've still got ages to decide, don't rush into anything. I applied to Kent too and I really loved it. But beware of the accommodation costs! Leicester's rooms are much nicer for about £1000 a year less. Not that I'm biased or anything...
im on reading week :smile:
Reply 12
prash_s90
im on reading week :smile:

What uni. you at?
clare141189
What uni. you at?

manchesterr babyyyy !!!!!!
Reply 14
I think leicester don't have a reading week because we didn't start till October.
Reply 15
High 5 from another modern languages with management bod! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 16
clare141189
I think leicester don't have a reading week because we didn't start till October.

Some subjects do - I have a reading week next week.
Bletch
High 5 from another modern languages with management bod! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh awesome which languages do you do? :biggrin:
Reply 18
As a modern languages student at Leics, no you don't get a reading week
kimzotic
As a modern languages student at Leics, no you don't get a reading week

Oh that's a shame. Leicester is still my favourite at the moment though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending