The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

University of OXford Postgraduate and Graduate funding 2022

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to everyone on your offers! Has anybody here made a subject access request for their assessment forms? If you did, was there any info on funding nominations in your assessment form? Thanks in advance!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
For those who received their official offer - did it state your fee status already? Mine is undecided, and I was wondering why this was.
Reply 42
Original post by toastandcoffee
Congrats to everyone on your offers! Has anybody here made a subject access request for their assessment forms? If you did, was there any info on funding nominations in your assessment form? Thanks in advance!

Recommendation for funding by assessors does not mean one has been nominated for funding by the faculty. The assessment forms only mentions if you've been recommended for funding by assessors.
Original post by ofer
Recommendation for funding by assessors does not mean one has been nominated for funding by the faculty. The assessment forms only mentions if you've been recommended for funding by assessors.

What is the difference? Are the assessors different than the faculty?
Original post by Anonymous
For those who received their official offer - did it state your fee status already? Mine is undecided, and I was wondering why this was.

Mine stated overseas within the letter

hi there - do you know roughly how long such a request takes?
Original post by Social.anth

I believe someone in another thread said their request took 17 days
Reply 47
Original post by r_f_m500
What is the difference? Are the assessors different than the faculty?

There are usually two assessors for each program within the faculty. The assessors can recommend whomever they like but then the Faculty nominates only a few candidates among the ones recommended by the assessors.
Original post by ofer
There are usually two assessors for each program within the faculty. The assessors can recommend whomever they like but then the Faculty nominates only a few candidates among the ones recommended by the assessors.

Oh okay, so that probably means that I hadn't been recommended for funding by the assessors. :frown: Thanks for sharing!
Original post by Social.anth

Original post by propsie9
I believe someone in another thread said their request took 17 days

Yup that was me! It took 17 days for them to send me the forms
Hi all (U.S. student here), sorry if this has already been answered, but when are funding packages usually released? I know they say anytime between Mar-June but the decision deadline is due by mid-April for me so a bit confused.
Original post by priornotice
Hi all (U.S. student here), sorry if this has already been answered, but when are funding packages usually released? I know they say anytime between Mar-June but the decision deadline is due by mid-April for me so a bit confused.

Hi! U.S. student here as well. I spoke with my potential supervisor and he said that timelines vary a lot year to year. From old threads it seems that Oxford scholarships tend to come out mid April? with the exception of some college connected scholarships that come out until June. Not much of a narrowed timeline there Im afraid /:
Hi! U.S. student here as well. I spoke with my potential supervisor and he said that timelines vary a lot year to year. From old threads it seems that Oxford scholarships tend to come out mid April? with the exception of some college connected scholarships that come out until June. Not much of a narrowed timeline there Im afraid /:

Thank you so much :smile:
I emailed the academic administrator for my faculty (is this the right person to email?) asking firstly if it is okay for me to provisionally accept my offer and then withdraw later if I can't get funded and secondly if I have been nominated for Clarendon. The response just ignored my first question (?) and the answer to my second question (If I had been nominated for Clarendon) was...

'Regarding funding, most Oxford scholarships are awarded between late February and June for example, Clarendon Fund offers are usually sent out by early April. You can find notification dates via the Fees, Funding and Scholarship Search. You have been put forward for anything you are eligible for although that does not include the Clarendon Scholarship.'

Does this mean I haven't been nominated for Clarendon? Or does it mean that generally one is put forward for all they are eligible for but they have to be specifically nominated for Clarendon? I can't tell if she is speaking of me specifically or if she is just speaking of the standard protocol?

Kind of hoped I would have been nominated for Clarendon because I had an interview for Ertegun (which I obviously didn't get </3 )

Any insights appreciated :smile:
I emailed the academic administrator for my faculty (is this the right person to email?) asking firstly if it is okay for me to provisionally accept my offer and then withdraw later if I can't get funded and secondly if I have been nominated for Clarendon. The response just ignored my first question (?) and the answer to my second question (If I had been nominated for Clarendon) was...

'Regarding funding, most Oxford scholarships are awarded between late February and June for example, Clarendon Fund offers are usually sent out by early April. You can find notification dates via the Fees, Funding and Scholarship Search. You have been put forward for anything you are eligible for although that does not include the Clarendon Scholarship.'

Does this mean I haven't been nominated for Clarendon? Or does it mean that generally one is put forward for all they are eligible for but they have to be specifically nominated for Clarendon? I can't tell if she is speaking of me specifically or if she is just speaking of the standard protocol?

Kind of hoped I would have been nominated for Clarendon because I had an interview for Ertegun (which I obviously didn't get </3 )

Sorry, I think she means you have not been put forward for Clarendon but rather for any other form of funding. At least that's my interpretation, I could be wrong as it's a vague response.
Sorry, I think she means you have not been put forward for Clarendon but rather for any other form of funding. At least that's my interpretation, I could be wrong as it's a vague response.

yeh i feel like realistically that is what she seems to be saying - bummer

Yeah I would read that as you've not been nominated for Clarendon, but you have been put forward for any other departmental/college awards. In regards to your first question, I asked my department this when I got my offer and they said it's completely fine to accept and then withdraw if you don't get funding or want to take up another offer elsewhere, and that accepting was just to let them know you are interested.
Hi! Any home students planning on applying for the government postgraduate loan, especially for a master degree? My impression is that, for my the cost of my degree, it will not be enough to fund the tuition fee for the year. Are you in the same boat? If yes, how are you planning to go about this? Any advice/ tips are appreciated! Good luck everyone
Hi everyone, I didn't realise that we had to accept our college offer by the letter's stipulated deadline - huge oversight on my part, as I thought that my acceptance of the departmental offer would've sufficed. I'm currently a few days past the deadline to accept my college offer, is it too late for me to accept it or are colleges usually quite lenient about this? If anybody has any clue please let me know, currently freaking out right now. :frown:
Hi everyone, I didn't realise that we had to accept our college offer by the letter's stipulated deadline - huge oversight on my part, as I thought that my acceptance of the departmental offer would've sufficed. I'm currently a few days past the deadline to accept my college offer, is it too late for me to accept it or are colleges usually quite lenient about this? If anybody has any clue please let me know, currently freaking out right now. :frown:

Best is to contact them asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending