The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

University of OXford Postgraduate and Graduate funding 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone heard about funding from ESRC or Clarendon?

I think the first batch of Clarendon's are out, and the follow up offers will come out towards the end of April
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
I think the first batch of Clarendon's are out, and the follow up offers will come out towards the end of April

Is that for all divisions? Can anybody confirm that Clarendon Scholarships for the Medical Sciences Division are already out?
Does anybody know if many people who are nominated for funding end up not getting any? Are there stats for this?

I am an international student and I know I am nominated for my department (Medical Sciences), but I have had my offer since January and so far I hear nothing about funding. It`s so hard...
hi so i emailed the department contact for ODID to ask about funding. they got to me within 12 hours telling me i was nominated by my course committee for clarendon but the university fees and funding office didn’t select me. hope this contributes some info.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by nycgworlllll
hi so i emailed the department contact for ODID to ask about funding. they got to me within 12 hours telling me i was nominated by my course committee for clarendon but the university fees and funding office didn’t select me. hope this contributes some info.

Congratulations on the Clarendon nomination! I’m curious, were you notified about this nomination?
Congratulations on the Clarendon nomination! I’m curious, were you notified about this nomination?

thanks! im pretty flattered by it even if i didn’t get it. they didn’t notify me at all until i sent that email asking. no mention in any previous email or offer letter.
Original post by nycgworlllll

congrats on the nomination, that's a great achievement in itself! which ODID program are an offer holder for? :smile:
Original post by Livontheedge
congrats on the nomination, that's a great achievement in itself! which ODID program are an offer holder for?

thank you! msc migration studies
Hi! I emailed my department to ask if I was nominated for funding but unfortunately they replied saying no. Was wondering if I need a departmental nomination to get any funding?
Messaged you!

Hi thank you for the info! Do you mind sending me the link as well? Thanks!
Original post by ballofanxietyy
Hi! I emailed my department to ask if I was nominated for funding but unfortunately they replied saying no. Was wondering if I need a departmental nomination to get any funding?

May I please ask, which department?
May I please ask, which department?

Sociology!
Original post by ballofanxietyy

I think not. There are a lot of awards that are part of the competition but my understanding is that there are also a few awarded by the University fees and funding team and a few independently by the colleges.

I am just a fellow applicant, though, so this is what I could understand/extrapolate from the University website. So maybe there's hope.
Does anyone hear from ESRC?
Does anyone hear from ESRC?

Nope :frown: nothing yet
Original post by ThisAutumnsong
I think not. There are a lot of awards that are part of the competition but my understanding is that there are also a few awarded by the University fees and funding team and a few independently by the colleges.

I am just a fellow applicant, though, so this is what I could understand/extrapolate from the University website. So maybe there's hope.

My department just got back to me and confirmed that there are other Oxford scholarships and funding opportunities available and managed by the wider university. So, you're right - there's still hope! Fingers' cross!
Does anyone know if Clarendon Fund for any other department generally (Education specifically) was awarded?
I also emailed my department and asked about funding, they never said If I'm nominated but told me that once I'm allocated a college place, my college would be able to discuss all that with me.
I don't know what to understand from this. Does my college get notified if my department nominated me for any scholarships, or is it a gentle way to let me know that I haven't been nominated?
Reply 97
Does anyone know if Clarendon Fund for any other department generally (Education specifically) was awarded?
I also emailed my department and asked about funding, they never said If I'm nominated but told me that once I'm allocated a college place, my college would be able to discuss all that with me.
I don't know what to understand from this. Does my college get notified if my department nominated me for any scholarships, or is it a gentle way to let me know that I haven't been nominated?

The problem is that they are quite vague in most answers they give.

When I emailed my department, they avoided the question and redirected me to the Oxford "fees and funding" postgraduate page. However, they mentioned that every Clarendon scholarship had been awarded. I do not know though if it implies that every partial Clarendon has also been awarded. It might also be the case that the recipients have been selected but not notified yet. To cut a long story short, it is quite unclear who will get what, and when.
I got in touch with the Department of Medicine and they said that the Clarendon scholarships for their department have already been allocated. They did not mention partial or total scholarships though :/

Anyways, good luck to everyone with funding, I think I'll have to get a loan :/
Someone in the main Postgraduate thread posted about receiving an offer from Weidenfeld-Hoffman, but their website says they reach out for interviews end of April and only send the scholarship offers by the end of May. Any info would be appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending