The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by mcgoohan
Hey, can I join Ravenclaw for DADA, astronomy and ancient runes?

Yes, I got your PM already. Welcome to hogwarts :jumphug:
Reply 781
Original post by strifelight
I'm really worried that the film will brush off a lot of the important deaths in the book. :/

I felt the book brushed off a lot of important peoples deaths.
Reply 782
Original post by kestral
I felt the book brushed off a lot of important peoples deaths.

Yeah, I didn't even realize Lupin had died until he came back to life.
I think to many people died for J.K to concentrate on.
Helloooo, can I join Gryffindor and take Potions and Charms pleassse? :biggrin:
Is it too late to join this soc? I only saw it just now :colondollar: As you can see, I am an avid HP fan :wizard:
I've read the first four about a gazillion times but I've only read the last few once or twice so I might have to do this once exams are over, actually!
I've updated my profile (Lots of Harry Potter in it :p: ) and profile pic (to Gryffindor coats of arms :mmm: )
love it. hoping to go to the premiere. can't waitttttttttttttttttttt. last time i went, it was raining like hell! i only managed to see JK Rowling and get autograph of tom felton. i'm hoping to get daniel, emma and rupert's autographs this time. yayayay
Original post by Confusing_Chem

love it. hoping to go to the premiere. can't waitttttttttttttttttttt. last time i went, it was raining like hell! i only managed to see JK Rowling and get autograph of tom felton. i'm hoping to get daniel, emma and rupert's autographs this time. yayayay

:teeth:

when is the premier?
Original post by Miss Anonymous
:teeth:

when is the premier?

July 7, trafalgar square

July 7, trafalgar square

Okay, thanks!
Yep, for (I think literally) the hundredth time. Although I just finished 4 and my sister ruined my copy of 5 so I've been waiting for a new one in the post and its STILL NOT HERE :frown:
Original post by PortionsForFoxes
I have the first two books on audiobook and listen to them as I sleep... :| There's many things wrong with me.

same!
I actually love Stephen frys voice :smile:
Original post by purpleplum94
same!
I actually love Stephen frys voice :smile:

And me :smile: :love:
I find a lot of people seem to prefer Jim Dale's version online but his drives me crazy! Stephen Fry's voice is just perfect :smile:
No
I'm not at the moment but this time last year I used re-reading the series as a way to deal with stress. It sounds ridiculous now but over the exam period I read the series 8 times, I would finish the last book and start the first one again.
I've managed to avoid it so far this year by re-reading The Roman Mystery series (aimed at 10 year olds :redface:). I think it's a combination of not having the time to get new books and the familarity nice :smile:
Reply 797
...If only my mum hadn't thrown them all away :frown:
Original post by slamcat
...If only my mum hadn't thrown them all away :frown:

:eek: Why did she do that? I would have gone mental (not just about Harry Potter lol, but it's a bit harsh to throw your stuff away!).
Reply 799
Original post by -honeybee-
:eek: Why did she do that? I would have gone mental (not just about Harry Potter lol, but it's a bit harsh to throw your stuff away!).

We were re-decorating and losing a lot of storage, pretty much all of my childhood books and videos had to go :frown: Its more of a mystery to me why she chose to keep Twilight! silly woman

Quick Reply

Latest