The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loopy786
I'm still distraught that it's nearly the End and I don't want it to beeeeeee. :frown:((

Okay, this is what I've thought I should do:

I was going to get together some of my friends, write a script, and make a YouTube series or something random to carry on the HP story. Good idea, or bad? I understand that it's quite a weird thing to do, btu I really want to do this because I don't want it to end. Even if we do some random series on the kids, on how Dumbledore and Grindlewald dealt with life etc. I just wanna do something!! I.e. act out fact and fiction in a way. Maybe even show what the kids' lives are like.

I will try not to destroy it.

Thoughts?

:nutcase:

This sounds pretty awesome. I'm going to try and get into video-making/vlogging this summer (I've been planning for a while) so I would adore to be part of something like this! :biggrin:

As for general Potterness, aaaaaaaarrrghhhhhhh it's all ending :cry: I'm in America atm so I don't get to see a midnight showing, but I'm seeing it tomorrow and I just know I'm going to be in tears for the whole thing :cry2:
Original post by loonyplatypus
:nutcase:

This sounds pretty awesome. I'm going to try and get into video-making/vlogging this summer (I've been planning for a while) so I would adore to be part of something like this! :biggrin:

As for general Potterness, aaaaaaaarrrghhhhhhh it's all ending :cry: I'm in America atm so I don't get to see a midnight showing, but I'm seeing it tomorrow and I just know I'm going to be in tears for the whole thing :cry2:

I'm writing some WROCK for tomorrow (not today) about how I'm still alive even though HP has been out :biggrin:

And I was nearly not going to do this, but to hell with the reception- I'll do it regardless. :h: Good luck, it's going to be an awesome summer, hopefully. :biggrin:

I'm seeing it at 7pm D: And I don't wanna read things in case it spoils it, and 3d will be terrifying with some of the clips./ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Reply 982
Well imo deathly hallows book was the best one, followed by half blood prince,
The final film hopefully will turn out the best, fingers crossed!
Anyone who says Prisoner of Azkaban isn't the best book (and tbh, film) is lying.

I friggin' hated HBP, and some parts of Deathly Hallows, although have just got back from Pt. 2 and loved it!

I know the dark stuff is all 'epic' and what have you, but there was a certain charm about the first three books that wasn't replicated when Voldy came back.
Reply 984
Original post by pinkpenguin
Anyone who says Prisoner of Azkaban isn't the best book (and tbh, film) is lying.

I friggin' hated HBP, and some parts of Deathly Hallows, although have just got back from Pt. 2 and loved it!

I know the dark stuff is all 'epic' and what have you, but there was a certain charm about the first three books that wasn't replicated when Voldy came back.

wOULD u say HP 7 PT 2 IS the best film?

well HBP book was really good book, the film so so.
Dark lord was required to complete our Harry and reveal Harry to himself in really testing times as to whether he is the chosen one
Original post by dogra
wOULD u say HP 7 PT 2 IS the best film?

well HBP book was really good book, the film so so.
Dark lord was required to complete our Harry and reveal Harry to himself in really testing times as to whether he is the chosen one

Well obviously Voldy was required for the development of the story, but I have a preference for the earlier books (particularly the first 3). They had an innocent charm about them, and I still enjoy reading them.

Pt 2 isn't the best film, no. Azkaban is.

I'd rank the films

3 > 1 > 7.2 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 7.1 > 6
Reply 986
Original post by pinkpenguin
Well obviously Voldy was required for the development of the story, but I have a preference for the earlier books (particularly the first 3). They had an innocent charm about them, and I still enjoy reading them.

Pt 2 isn't the best film, no. Azkaban is.

I'd rank the films

3 > 1 > 7.2 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 7.1 > 6

ok as regards ranking, heres my :

4>5>1>2>6>3>7pt1

not really a azkabann fan,
I haven't seen it yet :frown:
Was meant to go with my flatmate last night but didn't. Now she's buggered off for a fortnight and no one else likes Harry Potter :frown:
:cry:
(edited 12 years ago)
The last film was absolutely amazing.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, my life is now over. I cried for hours after the film :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
^I know. I barely registered it happened! also - use [noparse][/noparse] tags - means than you have click on it to see it :smile:
I'm still weak, puffy-eyed and crying. Throughout the whole film, my friends and I sat there and sobbed our hearts out, much to the dismay of other cinema-goers. I'm still in shock. I don't know if I could see that ever again. Honestly.

I was being serious. I don't know why you negged me. :frown: :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by strifelight

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Sephrenia
^I know. I barely registered it happened! also - use [noparse][/noparse] tags - means than you have click on it to see it :smile:

Ahhhhhhh thanks for telling me, I've always wondered how to do spoilers!
Reply 993
Films

7.2>7.1>5>4>3>1>6>2

They turned Half Blood Prince into a bloody rom com and I didn't like it.

Books

6>7>5>3>4>1>2
going to see the movie tonight! :biggrin: :biggrin:
so i did a cover in celebration!
feedback would be nice! :biggrin:
Reply 995
Can't wait to see it again!
Reply 996
saw it last night, and was not disappointed, cracking stuff, with Harry showing true grit, and Lord Voldy in great form as well, and nagini, ooh amazon anaconadas have nothing on her, but best performance to Nevile Longbottom!-9/10

Can't wait to see it again!

yep, too right
Hello! Can I join the soc?

House: Hufflepuff
Subjects: Charms, transfiguration and care of magical creatures
Reply 998
Welcome Christie!

I'm a Ravenclaw myself. xD
I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series since the age of ten. I go through periods of obsessing over other books, Tolkien for example, but really, it's Potter all the time!

Quick Reply

Latest