The Student Room Group

GCSE panick. Anyone else crazy underprepared?

Just venting out here now. But I have a week before exams start and I haven't really done much (if any) revision. I NEED to do well in my exams too since asian parents... I ended up cramming for like my mocks the morning of/night before exams and (got lucky and) managed to get all above 7s (except german which was a 6) so hopefully I can get mainly 8s and 9s if I somehow manage to revise everything for the first 1/2 weeks this week. I'm not sure if that's possible so I'm slightly freaking out. End of rant....
Original post by smart_ferret
Just venting out here now. But I have a week before exams start and I haven't really done much (if any) revision. I NEED to do well in my exams too since asian parents... I ended up cramming for like my mocks the morning of/night before exams and (got lucky and) managed to get all above 7s (except german which was a 6) so hopefully I can get mainly 8s and 9s if I somehow manage to revise everything for the first 1/2 weeks this week. I'm not sure if that's possible so I'm slightly freaking out. End of rant....

hey, I just did my GCSE exams last year and your rant reminded me of myself bc I chose to procrastinate and left revision till the last week and panicked A LOT. Luckily I ended up with 8s and 9s but I would honestly say to you, dont stress and just do as much exam practice as possible! Thats the best way to raise your grades from 7s to 8s/9s. And at this point dont go into detailed revision just try to watch videos that sum up entire papers. For example I remember really good youtube videos that revised like all of science paper 1 in like 15 minutes. Hope this helped and dw you'll do great!! Good luck :smile:

bro I'm in the same situation but for my mocks when I crammed I failed most of them😬 and got like 2 4s and one 5. I still believe I can get 7s at least and considering you did well in your mocks id say your fine. If you believe you can do if you can
Reply 3
just venting out here now. But i have a week before exams start and i haven't really done much (if any) revision. I need to do well in my exams too since asian parents... I ended up cramming for like my mocks the morning of/night before exams and (got lucky and) managed to get all above 7s (except german which was a 6) so hopefully i can get mainly 8s and 9s if i somehow manage to revise everything for the first 1/2 weeks this week. I'm not sure if that's possible so i'm slightly freaking out. End of rant....

lmfaooo we’re the same

Quick Reply

Latest