The Student Room Group

UCL MSc Translation and Technology (with Interpreting)

Hi did anyone receive an offer for this course? My application was unsuccessful and would really appreciate any advice from people who got an offer!

Applied for the course very close to the deadline and received an answer in around 8 weeks. I am an international student with a first class honours degree (Media Studies) from a UK university. I have also been working for the past 3 years.

I have emailed the faculty asking for feedback and they replied saying:

'While 85% is generally the minimum requirement for consideration for most programmes at UCL there are other factors to be taken into consideration and a higher final grade will be required for many applicants in order to select the very best students for our competitive programmes. In many cases even when the minimum requirements are met many applicants will be disappointed as we receive far more applications that we can make offers to and give each one careful consideration.'

Was also told that the English to Chinese pathway is oversubscribed and advised me to apply as early as possible once the 2023 applications are open. On their website it was stated that minimum grade requirement was 65% so I'm not sure if that was a typo or has the min grade been updated due to the competitiveness.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply 1
Hope this helps. I applied to the programme in October, straight after the application for the academic year 23-24 opened. I got an offer in January.
As you mentioned, I heard the English-Chinese combination is very popular and maybe, unfortunately, the placement was already taken when you applied :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending