The Student Room Group

Missed phone call from doctor not sure what to do please help

I made a request for a doctor's appointment this morning but because I haven't really done it before when I got two calls from no caller ID this afternoon I declined it both times. I'm also really anxious about phone calls so I just panicked but now Im embarrassed because they must think I'm really stupid. I also am not sure what to do next - do I call them back/make another appointment for tomorrow? I'm a bit confused please help!!
Original post by Anonymous
I made a request for a doctor's appointment this morning but because I haven't really done it before when I got two calls from no caller ID this afternoon I declined it both times. I'm also really anxious about phone calls so I just panicked but now Im embarrassed because they must think I'm really stupid. I also am not sure what to do next - do I call them back/make another appointment for tomorrow? I'm a bit confused please help!!

call them back and just say you noticed the missed calls on your phone. Explain that you had requested an appointment and ask if the call was about that.
call them back and just say you noticed the missed calls on your phone. Explain that you had requested an appointment and ask if the call was about that.

I'm too anxious to do that so I think I'm just going to rebook another appointment tomorrow and explain then
I'm too anxious to do that so I think I'm just going to rebook another appointment tomorrow and explain then

There's nothing to be anxious about -- I'm sure this happens all the time (many people reflexively hang up for unrecognised callers, or send them to voicemail).

Perhaps when making a new booking ask for the call to be made with the number showing (i.e. with number-withheld disabled).
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
There's nothing to be anxious about -- I'm sure this happens all the time (many people reflexively hang up for unrecognised callers, or send them to voicemail).

Perhaps when making a new booking ask for the call to be made with the number showing (i.e. with number-withheld disabled).
Which option do you request for?

1. appointments menu 2. perscriptions 3. general enquiries and test results 4. secretaries

And what do I say?
As above just ring the practice back. Probably easiest to go through to main reception (general enquiries) unless you know which doctor it is and thus can go through to their secretary directly. Just say "sorry I saw an unrecognised number tried to call twice this morning but was unable to take the call at that time, can you let me know when you can call again?".

Latest