The Student Room Group

Manual or automatic

Ellooo

For the past year I’ve only been driving manual (but in a different country).Now, I want to start my driving lessons and my dad said it’s best to focus on automatic rather than manual so basically get an auto licence rather than a full licence because all cars are automatic now. Is this true? I really enjoy driving manuals but should I be worried that I won’t know how to drive an automatic in the future? Or during my lessons will I be taught to drive both?
(edited 1 year ago)
firstly auto lessons and cars are more expensive but most importantly you've already done the hard part of learning manual. Why would you limit yourself to an auto license when you could get a full one which covers both manual and auto?
I disagree and would go with manual, especially since you like it. Why limit yourself to just autos? They’re more expensive and you never know what situation you’ll find yourself in one day where driving manual might be beneficial.
Moved to Learning to drive

For my own two cents, I'd recommend learning manual so you're not forever limited.
Reply 4
Original post by RambleAmple
I disagree and would go with manual, especially since you like it. Why limit yourself to just autos? They’re more expensive and you never know what situation you’ll find yourself in one day where driving manual might be beneficial.

Exactly what I thought. Though, currently I’m only able to drive manual and not automatic
Original post by Noble.x
Exactly what I thought. Though, currently I’m only able to drive manual and not automatic

If you can drive a manual you can drive an auto legally, and it just takes a bit of getting used to only using one leg in practice so you’d be fine in both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending