The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Sunderland Uni Accommodation 2022

Hi

I have received an offer from Sunderland to study Medicine and I am looking to decide accommodation ASAP.

I know that the medical students live in Scotia Quay. I’m looking for somewhere that is preferably quiet as I am not a party or very sociable person. Also looking at AXO Sunderland as a private option?

Can anyone please advise which of these I should go for/ any other private options??
Original post by Kz1020
Hi

I have received an offer from Sunderland to study Medicine and I am looking to decide accommodation ASAP.

I know that the medical students live in Scotia Quay. I’m looking for somewhere that is preferably quiet as I am not a party or very sociable person. Also looking at AXO Sunderland as a private option?

Can anyone please advise which of these I should go for/ any other private options??

Hi, I'm also an offer holder and most people have opted for scotia quay or the forge but I'm also a more reserved person so I opted for a studio as I enjoy having some personal space. It's totally up to preference in the end but I will say to hurry with deciding accommodation as I've heard scotia quay is running out of spaces!
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm also an offer holder and most people have opted for scotia quay or the forge but I'm also a more reserved person so I opted for a studio as I enjoy having some personal space. It's totally up to preference in the end but I will say to hurry with deciding accommodation as I've heard scotia quay is running out of spaces!

Hi there,

I don't have any experience with Private Accommodation, from my experience that's where the international students tend to stay but I do rate Scotia Quay. It's right on the water and there's a campus bus that offers free travel between the accommodation, town, and the two campuses. You can request a quiet flat or even a studio like the above person said. Have you considered attending an open day so you can check them out in person?
Original post by University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Hi there,

I don't have any experience with Private Accommodation, from my experience that's where the international students tend to stay but I do rate Scotia Quay. It's right on the water and there's a campus bus that offers free travel between the accommodation, town, and the two campuses. You can request a quiet flat or even a studio like the above person said. Have you considered attending an open day so you can check them out in person?

I went for axo but I would say all of the accommodations are appropriate and within close proximity within the uni, I know axo offer virtual viewings but I'd advise if you want to see the forge/Scotia quay/Panns bank that you should go to an open day, it's very helpful!
Original post by Anonymous
I went for axo but I would say all of the accommodations are appropriate and within close proximity within the uni, I know axo offer virtual viewings but I'd advise if you want to see the forge/Scotia quay/Panns bank that you should go to an open day, it's very helpful!

Great advice, you can sign up for an open day here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending