The Student Room Group

Help me pllssss im running out of time

I'm 16 and from the UK. I am predicted to pass all my GCSEs at grade 5s and above so I have open options of what to do but I can't decide. I'm interested in doing something which will lead to many job opportunities instead of just constricting me into one field but i can't decide what to do. I want a course that would lead to a job where I could be doing physical things and be doing non physical too. My interests are playing games, cars and playing football but I don't want to do a course that would just lead to a job of me doing one thing because I don't want to chose one then regret it and not be able to change it. I hope someone can help and this paragraph actually makes sense to someone 😂. Thanks
Science, Law, Business and Management, Computer science, IT have a range of opportunities withing the working world. I would choose something that will open you lots of doors in the future.
A-levels are good, but it contains a lot of studying and patience.
You can always change your mind at the end of your A-levels, and do a foundation year or any other courses that you want.
Reply 2
Hey. That sounds a lot like me only my interests are in machines and buildings. I also want a course that will give me the flexibility to move between different professional fields. I hate the thought of being tied down to one place. The solution is Mechanical Engineering. With this as a foundation, you can later specialize in automotive engineering as your Master's if you still love cars. This won't limit you as you still have a foundation in Mechanical Engineering so you'll be able to jump from one field to another whether that be the marine sector or gaming sector or building sector or nearly any other sector you can think of.

To satisfy your interest in football, you can study Mechanical Engineering at universities like Loughborough university. They're amazing for the course as well as sports. However, I think most if not all universities have nice teams you can join.

Quick Reply

Latest