The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

How is Sunderland University rated?

When you look for university places I always hear lot's of people talking about Newcastle. But how does Sunderland rank? I hardly ever hear it mentioned?
It is a wonderful university that offers intellectually stimulating courses designed challenge some of the finest young minds in Britain, it has a reputation for producing world-class research, and is located in one of the most bohemian cities in Europe.

There is also an off-licence called Amy's Winehouse nearby.
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
How does it rank? Can't you find this out yourself using the myriad of league tables available to you?
Original post by DT1988
I meant in people's minds not officially. I officially think you're a bum bandit. But that doesn't mean you are in real life.

It’s meh. Also, chill on the insults
Moved to university of Sunderland
Original post by DT1988
When you look for university places I always hear lot's of people talking about Newcastle. But how does Sunderland rank? I hardly ever hear it mentioned?

Sunderland is recognised internationally as a leading university, receiving five stars for teaching, inclusiveness, employability and facilities in the QS World University Rankings 2023. The University is also one of the UK’s leading widening participation Universities and was named The Times/Sunday Times University of the Year for Social Inclusion 2021. We were also shortlisted as University of the Year by the THE Times Higher Education, and our We Care programme picked up the Widening Access Initiative (Retention and Progression) Award at the 2020 NEON awards.

Also this year, the University moved up nine places from 92 to 83 following the publication of the annual Complete University Guide rankings.

If you are after any course-specific rankings, feel free to ask :smile:
I attended Sunderland university from 2015-2018 Psychology BSc. It was the best experience, from start to finish, I have had in relation to education.
The lecturers are professional, understanding, empathetic and highly qualified.
I can’t fault the experience, the department or the university, as a whole.
I’m proud of Sunderland Uni and grateful for my experience there.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Donna1975
I attended Sunderland university from 2015-2018 Psychology BSc. It was the best experience, from start to finish, I have had in relation to education.
The lecturers are professional, understanding, empathetic and highly qualified.
I can’t fault the experience, the department or the university, as a whole.
I’m proud of Sunderland Uni and grateful for my experience there.

Thanks for sharing your insight :smile:
The uni may be good (depending on the course - I've had a mixed feeling about it) but the city itself is not really a pleasant place - I've lived here all my life and if your wanting a full university experience I would defiantly look at Newcastle instead
Original post by Anonymous
The uni may be good (depending on the course - I've had a mixed feeling about it) but the city itself is not really a pleasant place - I've lived here all my life and if your wanting a full university experience I would defiantly look at Newcastle instead

Having Newcastle on our doorstep certainly is a benefit and can easily be accessed via public transport, like many other places in the North East. We're proud to offer a full university experience and provide value alongside being a friendly, diverse and affordable place to live and study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending