The Student Room Group

Entry level banking job

I am quite old now at 35 but really want to get into banking, I didn’t go to a Russell group university, is there any hope for me? Also what jobs are entry level in banking?
Reply 1
Original post by Runaway100121
I am quite old now at 35 but really want to get into banking, I didn’t go to a Russell group university, is there any hope for me? Also what jobs are entry level in banking?

Pretty much the same ones as six years ago, when you first started asking.
Original post by Runaway100121

Just so you know , the collective term for bankers is a wunch . As in a wunch of bankers
Reply 3
Original post by PennyOnTheDollar
Just so you know , the collective term for bankers is a wunch . As in a wunch of bankers

Just so you know, the collective term for civil servants is a snivel. As in a snivel of civil servants.
Original post by Quady
Just so you know, the collective term for civil servants is a snivel. As in a snivel of civil servants.

Nice
Reply 5
Best route would probably be an MBA. However, you would still be competing with folks who are 5-8 years younger than you. This doesn't translate into any disadvantage - you would just probably need to justify the less traditional route during recruitment.

Post-MBA entry level position would be an Associate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending