The Student Room Group

Are full time students with LCWRA & PIP eligible to

I had a UC Verify Student Income appointment, I was already getting LCWRA beforehand & PIP. The adviser asked if I was a young parent or lived with my parents & that was it. I’m not a young parent & I do live with my parents. He didn’t ask me if I was disabled or getting PIP or LCWRA but he told me that I wasn’t eligible & if I was then every student would be getting UC. Which really upset me when he said that because not every student is disabled.

He told me there were seven questions he was going to ask me but only asked two. I think he purposely didn’t ask any questions about PIP, disability or LCWRA because he assumed that I didn’t have any of them. I did ask him if I was still not eligible even if I did get LCWRA & he said yes.

What do yous think? Has anyone had this appointment recently & have they been asked about disability, PIP or LCWRA? I’ve sent a journal message asking to redo this appointment, I don’t even think the adviser took notice of the Special Support element in the Student Finance letter. I say this because he looked at the letter & said the loan would wipe out UC but I did my calculations beforehand deducting the Special Support element & he was incorrect because there should be at least £100 left.

I was aware that deductions would be made but I’m just confused with being told I’m not eligible when I have been getting LCWRA & PIP because I thought those were one of the exceptions that he didn’t ask for some reason. Is it possible for me to redo the appointment?
Reply 1
hi, i was wondering if you ever had an update with this?

Latest

Trending

Trending