The Student Room Group

BAE systems 2023 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi! I couldn't see a thread for Summer Internships, but it is still 2023 intake so I hope it is alright to post here!

Anyone applying for Project Management roles? I was surprised they are doing HireVues without a cover letter, but I guess it is a nice break from having to write them in all other applications. This makes me believe that the HireVue and subsequent interviews will act more like a cover letter, which is a great as I think it will allow me to better display my motivation and competencies.

I am graduating this year but opted for Summer Internship rather than the grad role as I feel that it aligns better with my experiences, and should I perform well in the summer role, I am confident that I will be able to secure something long term with BAE (if it is something I wish to pursue of course).

How was the HireVue for those applying to PM? Could you tell me a bit about the questions asked?

Good luck to everyone! i hope it is going smoothly for you all. I know it is a difficult time with managing multiple applications...
Has anyone heard back since there interview? I had mine last Tuesday and still waiting to hear back.
Original post by Teila howard
Has anyone heard back since there interview? I had mine last Tuesday and still waiting to hear back.

What did you apply for? I had mine 3 weeks ago and I phoned up a few days ago but the recruiter said that they are still processing it.... I'm not sure if that's a soft rejection

Hey,

I had an interview with BAE on 08/12 I got offered the role on 16/12 when they called they said they were trying to get through as many applications as possible but to allow 2 weeks before hearing back.

im happy to walk through my application process if anyone interested :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by pilotlawgrad123
Hey,

I had an interview with BAE on 08/12 I got offered the role on 16/12 when they called they said they were trying to get through as many applications as possible but to allow 2 weeks before hearing back.

im happy to walk through my application process if anyone interested :smile:

Congrats, what role did you apply for?
Original post by Zeeyo
Congrats, what role did you apply for?

Thanks,
Procurement officer :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by pilotlawgrad123
Thanks,
Procurement officer :smile:

Cool, what sorta questions were asked for the technical questions?
Original post by Zeeyo
Cool, what sorta questions were asked for the technical questions?

Describe a time you made a mistake that impacted someone else? (Use STAR)
Can you explain what category management and how it would be beneficial to you role?
What is mrp (material requirements planning)?

can’t remember if there was another one but the rest were behavioural questions!
it says the interview will be around 1hr 20mins but it’s actually 40mins.

what role have you applied to and where?
Original post by alana5on
I applied for the Finance officer role in their head office which is based in London. What about you? I hope it doesn't take as long as a month to hear back

Hi what questions did you get for the financial officer role especially the technical questions? I have mine coming up any help would be appreciated
i had my hirevue and telephone interview (november 2022) and applied for airframe (may 2023) in warton, but this evening they told me that the role was oversubscribed (KEK) and i needed to choose an alternate role instead.

even the air simulation one was oversubscribed -_- it's not even on the website. KEK.

submitted my second choice and i'm hoping for the best (and for you too)

sup telia

see my post above. this is the 2nd time i have been asked to apply for an "alternate role"

do they really have a gigantic backlog of 2020 applicants?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by uniqueusername22
What did you apply for? I had mine 3 weeks ago and I phoned up a few days ago but the recruiter said that they are still processing it.... I'm not sure if that's a soft rejection

sup

please see my posts above. rofl
Original post by Absent751
Hi what questions did you get for the financial officer role especially the technical questions? I have mine coming up any help would be appreciated

Its all role specific. The 3 questions they ask are related to the job description and also touches on the professional qualification you study. They'll ask what you know about it and how to go about studying
Original post by alana5on
Its all role specific. The 3 questions they ask are related to the job description and also touches on the professional qualification you study. They'll ask what you know about it and how to go about studying

That’s brilliant thank you for the help. I also have an interview for the financial officer role do you remember what they were specifically
Reply 34
Has anyone heard from BAE after doing their online assessment for the Data Analytics role at Preston?
Hey everyone, is anyone else applying for the software engineer role? I had my hirevue interview on Saturday and still waiting for a reply back. Were your interviews virtual or face to face?
Original post by Absent751
That’s brilliant thank you for the help. I also have an interview for the financial officer role do you remember what they were specifically

All behavioural. Stick to the STAR technique and they will literally phrase the question as "tell me about a time xyz" etc theres one about making a mistake and the common ones like teamwork.
Original post by kyebz
Has anyone heard from BAE after doing their online assessment for the Data Analytics role at Preston?

Yes
Role oversubscribed (for the airframe and simulation roles)
Original post by Missjgyp
Hey everyone, is anyone else applying for the software engineer role? I had my hirevue interview on Saturday and still waiting for a reply back. Were your interviews virtual or face to face?

As an alt role since airframe is oversubscribed yes. You'll get an informal phone call too
We all are desperados
We're all in this together
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending