The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
i’m not sure yet , i was gonna make lboro or bristol my insurance. is lse your first choice?

i honestly don’t know, i’m gonna wait to get all my decisions back from the unis and then have a think
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Hi! I want to apply to architecture at Loughborough but I have already achieved A*AB and they have raised their grade requirements from AAB to AAA, should I still try to apply?
Hi! I want to apply to architecture at Loughborough but I have already achieved A*AB and they have raised their grade requirements from AAB to AAA, should I still try to apply?

Ring admissions and ask if it is worth applying.

Hi there,

Thank you for your message! It's great you're considering Loughborough as a place to study!

So you can get a good answer from the right team, I would speak to the team who manage the Architecture BArch course by emailing [email protected] and ask this question.

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to ask any further questions :smile:

- Lindsay
I’ve had an email about a visit day as I’m an offer holder! Do students normally go alone or do their parents accompany them?
I’ve had an email about a visit day as I’m an offer holder! Do students normally go alone or do their parents accompany them?

Hi there,

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your offer! That's excellent news!

I have been chatting to our admissions team about your question. They have said that as visit days are run by the department who manage the course you have applied to study, you would be best to contact them and see what they say. The details should be on the invitation you received.

I hope this helps - please do ask any further questions if you need to! :smile:

- Lindsay

Hey, sorry you're the first person I've seen who has also go an offer for natural science. Where else did you apply? xx
Original post by WhovianGirl2005
Hey, sorry you're the first person I've seen who has also go an offer for natural science. Where else did you apply? xx

Hi @WhovianGirl2005,

Congratulations on your offer! Let us know if you have any questions about Loughborough - we're more than happy to help! :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by University2023
Hi Lindsay,

Could I ask a quick question about contextual eligibility? I didn’t receive free school meals in secondary school, however in year 12 of sixth form I was eligible for a bursary which included an allowance for meals. Would this count as it’s year 12? The UCAS form only asked about secondary school so I couldn’t put the info when I submitted my application.

Thank you for any advice you can offer (even if it’s to confirm a no! 😊

Hi @University2023,

It's great to hear from you and thank you for your question.

I've spoken to our admissions team and they have recommended that you email them on [email protected] so that they can review your UCAS application for this information.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please do get in touch :smile:

- Lindsay
Reply 49
Hi there
I have made and sent a portfolio to Loughborough for product design technology and sent it on the 17th of December I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything as it was mentioned you would find out within 2 working weeks and unsure when the design admissions go back.
Thanks, Chloe
Original post by cd57
Hi there
I have made and sent a portfolio to Loughborough for product design technology and sent it on the 17th of December I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything as it was mentioned you would find out within 2 working weeks and unsure when the design admissions go back.
Thanks, Chloe

Hi @cd57,

It's great to hear that you're interested in Loughborough!

I've been speaking to the team who manage the BSc Design and Technology course and they have said that we do try to get back to applicants who have sent Portfolio and Design tasks in two weeks with a decision. However, we are trying to reply as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay, but please bear with us as the University was closed between 23rd December and 3rd January.

If you have any further questions, let me know :smile: we're more than happy to help!

- Lindsay
Reply 51
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @cd57,

It's great to hear that you're interested in Loughborough!

I've been speaking to the team who manage the BSc Design and Technology course and they have said that we do try to get back to applicants who have sent Portfolio and Design tasks in two weeks with a decision. However, we are trying to reply as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay, but please bear with us as the University was closed between 23rd December and 3rd January.

If you have any further questions, let me know :smile: we're more than happy to help!

- Lindsay

Thank you for your help!
Hi
Is there a Loughborough offers spreadsheet anywhere, I'm waiting to hear back about design. My application only went in the last week of term though! Thanks.
Hi
Is there a Loughborough offers spreadsheet anywhere, I'm waiting to hear back about design. My application only went in the last week of term though! Thanks.

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough!

As you said your application only went in last week, it will still be being processed by our admissions team. I would leave at least three weeks for your application to be processed due to the University being closed between 23rd December and 3rd January, but we will reply as soon as possible.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please do let us know :smile:

- Lindsay
Reply 54
Anyone heard from mechanical engineering?
Original post by Tmw1
Anyone heard from mechanical engineering?

Hi @Tmw1,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

You can find out more about when you should hear from us by visiting these FAQs: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/faqs/

However, you can also email [email protected] with your UCAS Personal ID number if you have any questions about your application.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

- Lindsay
Got an offer for sports technology on Thursday! Is anyone else applying to this course? It seems to be quite niche and I'm struggling to find people who have applied to it or who currently study it :smile:
Reply 57
Anyone who applied for Computer Science got a reply yet?
Original post by Yushhh
Anyone who applied for Computer Science got a reply yet?

No not yet. I applied just before Christmas - how about you?
Reply 59
No not yet. I applied just before Christmas - how about you?

I applied about 28th of November and have not heard anything other than the confirmation that they got my application. Hoping to get a reply soon tho!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending