The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE BSc Economics 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Ok it’s a tough choice between Warwick and LSE right ?

Not sure about the OP, but just in general? No, LSE’s the clear winner. Of course, there’s costs to factor in because Ldn is expensive, but apart from that not a difficult decision at all
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ……….
Bsc econ ?? Really ??

yeah but as people said potentially contextual offers get given first .. I'm not sure given that I didn't get a contextual offer from any other unis?
Not sure about the OP, but just in general? No, LSE’s the clear winner. Of course, there’s costs to factor in because Ldn is expensive, but apart from that not a difficult decision at all

that's my problem lol not sure if id be able to afford London ...
Original post by Anonymous4885939
And for some reason got contextual offer (A*AB) even though I didn’t apply for it?

Do you think contextual offer they made your case related to Sutton trust?or any other circumstances?

Thanks
Yeah Sutton trust
Do you think contextual offer they made your case related to Sutton trust?or any other circumstances?

Thanks

Both my high school and my sixth form were eligible for contextual, my actual house wasn’t though .. but I’m not sure if they take into account stuff like Sutton trust
Both my high school and my sixth form were eligible for contextual, my actual house wasn’t though .. but I’m not sure if they take into account stuff like Sutton trust.

thanks
that's my problem lol not sure if id be able to afford London ...

thats amazing congrats!!! what subjects and grades?
Original post by ……….
thats amazing congrats!!! what subjects and grades?

Thank you :smile:
I do maths, fm, economics predicted was 3A*
Thank you :smile:
I do maths, fm, economics predicted was 3A*

Did tmua?
How many of us did the tmua? And what are our scores like? (if youre comfortable sharing)
Original post by Griff Dog
How many of us did the tmua? And what are our scores like? (if youre comfortable sharing)

i haven't done it - didnt apply to oxbridge. but i was considering taking it just to make my application stronger until i realised it has no bearing at all. if my score was bad my application would look bad for no reason.
i haven't done it - didnt apply to oxbridge. but i was considering taking it just to make my application stronger until i realised it has no bearing at all. if my score was bad my application would look bad for no reason.

Neither have i, may i also know what you wrote about in ur ps?
Neither have i, may i also know what you wrote about in ur ps?

sure! i focused on applied econ - game theory, econometrics, etc
Has anyone received any news letter or any other sort of email from LSE since the date applied ?
Cause other unis are in touch but no contact from LSE so is it something to worry ?
Is this only with me or you guys also haven’t received any emails ? Pls let me know.
Thank you.
Did tmua?

No I didn’t do tmua as didn’t apply to oxbridge either
Has anyone received any news letter or any other sort of email from LSE since the date applied ?
Cause other unis are in touch but no contact from LSE so is it something to worry ?
Is this only with me or you guys also haven’t received any emails ? Pls let me know.
Thank you.

I got an email confirming my application to LSE, after I applied at the beginning of December
No I didn’t do tmua as didn’t apply to oxbridge either

did work experience with PWC or natwest?
I got an email confirming my application to LSE, after I applied at the beginning of December

So no emails after that ? Not even a promotional email or any news letter or anything else ?
Was that the only email received from lse ?
So no emails after that ? Not even a promotional email or any news letter or anything else ?
Was that the only email received from lse ?

Although I'm not the person in question - I can confirm I haven't had any promotional material and I applied in September. The only email I did get was about filling in an applicant form a few days after I applied where I said I was taking the tmua. In January I received another email asking for my tmua score (only because there was a mess up on their end)
Cause it is mentioned on LSE’s website that starting from January they start sending newsletters to the applicants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending