The Student Room Group

Amazon Delivery Driver at 18

So I currently work at M&S for 10 an hour.

My dad wants me to become a delivery driver.

Apparently I get paid more but when I get a decent sized car and business insurance will it be good for me. As in I need to pay for the cost of a car and busienss insurance and lots of fuel.

I am at 6th form in yr 13 and they want me to work 15 hrs a week in that job.

Is it worth it ? I dont think.

At the end of the day I feel that working in the retail is good when you are part time but when full time its worth becoming a delivery driver.

What should I do ?

BTW my mum doesn't want me to as she sees it as no point.
Reply 1
Personally, I’m in year 13 and I haven’t got a job because I know i’d struggled to ace my studies if my attention was divided. If you feel the same way then maybe it’s best to stick with the job that requires less of you, after all it’s only a few months until exams come and then you can work whatever you want through the summer
Moved to careers
Original post by boo:0
Personally, I’m in year 13 and I haven’t got a job because I know i’d struggled to ace my studies if my attention was divided. If you feel the same way then maybe it’s best to stick with the job that requires less of you, after all it’s only a few months until exams come and then you can work whatever you want through the summer

yh that's what I'm thinking. I work and must say its quite hard to keep the balance right. I was initially intimidated when I first started working but then you just get used to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending