The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Autism Support

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've heard from my college to organise arriving early there, but I've had nothing from disability services with more information about what they're doing

Original post by Anonymous
Hi ya Esme :smile: That's fantastic I definitely feel it will be nicer to get used to everything .. routine is everything for my daughter.

Has anyone heard anything from the ASD/disabilities with more info about going up the Thursday as we havent yet
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I've heard from my college to organise arriving early there, but I've had nothing from disability services with more information about what they're doing

thank you... I will check with my daughter and see if she's had anything if not will email her college :smile:
thank you... I will check with my daughter and see if she's had anything if not will email her college :smile:

My son has just received the info from the Uni this morning 😃
My son has just received the info from the Uni this morning 😃

Fab, just seen my daughter has as well. Looks like a full on couple of days and lots of information
Original post by Political_Weirdo
Oh, and fyi if you're autistic you're eligible to stay in college accommodation for all 3 years. Going into second year and this is what I'm likely to do.
HI! Is that in all colleges? we met with disability support at the open day and they seemed to think my autistic DD should rent in year 2 - and staying in accommodation would have to be agreed with her college.
Original post by Political_Weirdo
Oh, and fyi if you're autistic you're eligible to stay in college accommodation for all 3 years. Going into second year and this is what I'm likely to do.

Hi, is this true for all colleges? Didn’t get that impression from disability support on the open day .
Reply 26
They seem to have changed policy in the returners accommodation for autistic students. It did used to say that you could stay, but ant mention of this disappeared at some point during then last year and a half.

I am hoping we would still some priority among people applying to return but it was quite oversubscribed last year.

https://www.palatinate.org.uk/durham-owned-accommodation-oversubscribed/#google_vignette

I haven’t got an offer, but am already very concerned about 2nd year accommodation. It is so much more socially complex to share a house with people than live in halls and finding good compatible housemates within a few weeks of starting seems an almost impossible task.
Yes Sheppi, it’s my concern for DD too - no offer as yet but the complexity of living in a house and finding a group in a few weeks is really very challenging. I hear you.
Reply 28
Original post by Sheppi
They seem to have changed policy in the returners accommodation for autistic students. It did used to say that you could stay, but ant mention of this disappeared at some point during then last year and a half.

I am hoping we would still some priority among people applying to return but it was quite oversubscribed last year.

https://www.palatinate.org.uk/durham-owned-accommodation-oversubscribed/#google_vignette

I haven’t got an offer, but am already very concerned about 2nd year accommodation. It is so much more socially complex to share a house with people than live in halls and finding good compatible housemates within a few weeks of starting seems an almost impossible task.

My DD had a meeting with her college and has organised her 2nd year accommodation to live in so hopefully it will be the same for you 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest